Recent content by STP36500

  1. S

    Starter issue with my 1936 road grader with I-12 engine

    I was going to weld the broken spring, but went to NAPA in North Bend, WA and while they were able to match a replacement for the starter, there was not an option to order or purchase. They quick stated that I would need to go to Romaine Electric in Renton, WA. I called and they had the part in...
  2. S

    Starter issue with my 1936 road grader with I-12 engine

    With all your help I was able to rebuild the carb and also flushed the radiator and the engine started first push of the button. I made the first pass of the driveway with the grader. I took a break and was going to finish grading the driveway after lunch. Well the starter would not engage.....I...
  3. S

    Cleaning outside of IH I20 brass carb

    I must have been smoking it yesterday...:ROFLMAO:...The Carb is from an I-12 engine not a I-20 engine. This is the same as the F-12 engine.
  4. S

    Cleaning outside of IH I20 brass carb

    Most of the damage on the jet was previous owner but I did try. I was also able to get a carb rebuild kit and a new float. The original had a large repair with solder. Thank you!
  5. S

    Cleaning outside of IH I20 brass carb

    Thank you! I did see your earlier post on the Delco penetrating fluid. I will try that. I also think you might be correct on the jet doing more damage than good. Regards.
  6. S

    Cleaning outside of IH I20 brass carb

    I removed the carburetor from the 1936 Adams Road grade with the I20 engine which I have been told is same as the F20 downdraft carb. This is brass and would like input on best method to clean the outside of the carb. Please see picture. I also cannot get the one needle out with screw driver...
  7. S

    1936 Adams Road Grader I-12 engine Radiator flushing recommendations

    Thanks. I am back online. I will take your advice, but think I will complete in 2 stages. Clean radiator as best I can in place in the grader, then fall/winter project and do your recommendation. Thanks for the advice.
  8. S

    1936 Adams Road Grader I-12 engine Radiator flushing recommendations

    Thank you all. I didn't want to use harsh chemicals. I just cleaned a flywheel that had very minor surface rust with vinegar. It worked amazingly. I will use vinegar.
  9. S

    1936 Adams Road Grader I-12 engine Radiator flushing recommendations

    I posted another post on how to remove the radiator cap as the one I had was rusted and hard to remove. Now that the cap is removed, I would like to flush the radiator. What is the recommended chemicals and techniques for flushing these old radiators. Any and all recommendations are welcomes...
  10. S

    1936 Adams motor grader I-12 radiator cap

    Thank you very much. I was able to turn with more force without breaking the wingnut and was able to loosen enough to remove.....Now it looks like I need to flush the radiator and will post new thread to ask how to complete that to the best of your knowledge. Thank you very much!!!
  11. S

    1936 Adams motor grader I-12 radiator cap

    Wow that is a lot if input! Thank you! So I can turn the cap, but I can only turn the wingnut/bolt about 90 degrees. I think what I see is the wingnut/bolt might be hitting rust that prevents the bolt from turning more. I should be able to turn or work the bolt to continue to loosen it. I...
  12. S

    1936 Adams motor grader I-12 radiator cap

    Hopefully will bring this to the top. The snow has melted and was able to try to get the radiator cap removed. NO luck. I have been aligning, rotating the wingnut, rotating the cap and then rotating both simultaneously for 15-20 minutes. I am feeling like I am trying to break the code to a...
  13. S

    1936 Adams motor grader I-12 radiator cap

    Thank you. I think this is the same for IH-12 and some F-12 radiators. Does the crossbar turn to a "slot" that would allow the radiator cap to be removed? Thanks again for your help.
  14. S

    1936 Adams motor grader I-12 radiator cap

    I worked on my 1936 motor grader this summer. I have not driven in a year as the gas tank was horribly gunked up on the inside. I finally figured out how to remove the tank. I was able to pressure wash the inside and then etched it and reinstalled. I was then checking all the fluids and my...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top