Recent content by TasCanada

  1. T

    Carb rebuild kit

    Thanks, I meant who is the supplier Tim was referring to that includes the venturi and float in the kit.
  2. T

    Carb rebuild kit

    Can you say who's the supplier you referred to?
  3. T

    Head bolts 8n

    Which of these manuals would indicate the holes for the longer studs? All of the bolts/studs that came out were the same length except for one that was slightly shorter. Thanks
  4. T

    Head bolts 8n

    This is what I suspected but just needed to be sure... thanks
  5. T

    Head bolts 8n

    Do appreciate all of the advice... Thanks much. Any idea why I had 15 bolts and 3 studs in there? The studs are the same length as the bolts (the part below the nut) except for one which is a few millimetres shorter
  6. T

    Head bolts 8n

    I plan on getting the screws and washers as recommended below (on this site) to replace my head bolts. Question is - do the torque specs change because of the washers? If so what would they be? Secondly I had 15 bolts and 3 studs with nuts - can I replace them all with these screws...
  7. T

    Newbie struggling with Ford 8n

    Just an update - didn't get much time from work in the last few days. The additive was made by Hall-Chem - "Diesel fuel and gasoline antifreeze" - bottle says it contains methyl alcohol. I am not able to find Heet around where I live - the parts store guy recommended Sea Foam? Based on...
  8. T

    Newbie struggling with Ford 8n

    Thanks for all the replies, guys. I am truly grateful. Will get the Heet as suggested by Dollar Bill and the spark plug gap tool. No, I did not know the spark plug gaps needed setting out of the box - thanks Caryc. Bruce thanks for the good advice. I checked the screens -all 3 were good. The...
  9. T

    Newbie struggling with Ford 8n

    Thanks... The anti freeze suggestion came from an old farmer who passed by and tried to help me start it out in the cold. I figured he knew what he was talking about... any ideas on what I can try to get the engine running properly?
  10. T

    Newbie struggling with Ford 8n

    Sorry I obviously need to learn the language while learning about the tractor :) The answers are 1) gas tank, yes dried off the spark plugs with a flame, hot water because it was freezing out (i'm in Canada) - got that from one of the other posts - and it seemed to work :). The gaps on...
  11. T

    Newbie struggling with Ford 8n

    Pls bear with me... I'm handy but new to tractors & I know nothing about engines. I now have 10 acres to deal with so I guess I have to get with the program. Bought a Ford 8n a few months ago. It was starting and running ok till it got cold and after pushing snow for about 1/2 hour it...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top