Recent content by TheBartman47

  1. T

    Whatzit? (cord from auction)

    Yes, the 6-pin XLR on that cable isn't going to be used for it's standard purpose... it would have to be something customized for a specific application, possibly connected to a couple motor circuits, like a hand-held remote for a man lift, or camera pan/tilt, or color changer on cyc lighting...
  2. T

    Whatzit? (cord from auction)

    Definitely an old 6-pin XLR connector, mostly used in 2-channel 2-way theater intercom systems (2 transmit, 2 receive, 1 common, and 1 ground). XLR = X type connector, Latching, Rubber insulator
  3. T

    Thoughts???

    Is it the local circuit breaker on the pump, or the house circuit breaker? In either case, it could be a weak breaker. As others have asked, will it continue to pump up more after resetting the breaker? Maybe let it cool down a bit first then reset and continue pumping?
  4. T

    1959 JD 730 Diesel starter wiring

    And remember, "ground" is just a reference point. Technically, there is no polarity to ground because all voltages are measured with reference to "ground", which is by definition 0 volts (thus, no polarity at all). There are 3 basic ground types (other ground variations include Analog ground...
  5. T

    1959 JD 730 Diesel starter wiring

    A 24v system is similar to house wiring... Home 240v with a center tap as neutral to get two legs of 120v. Think of the two 12v batteries like the transformer on the powerline pole with a center tap, batteries in series.
  6. T

    Pay Day

    Last time I took aluminum cans in for recycling, it wasn't much pay for a big load. Aluminum is so light weight that it takes a lot to get a little. I still pick up cans if it's convenient, but I don't go out of my way hunting for cans on the side of the road. Too little return for the time...
  7. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    I use 30 weight motor oil, which the manual specs. I will take it apart and inspect closer to see if there are any tiny dents or other issues soon.
  8. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    Yes, .020 is the spec in the book, but says adjust when warm. It also says if worn, a feeler might give a faulty reading so it can be adjusted by tightening until solid contact then back off 1/3 turn ("two flats"). This is how I did it and it runs fine. The only back pressure seems to be when...
  9. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    Interesting... I've adjusted the tappets and still have a tiny bit of "clack" sound on one valve, not too bad but still bothers me that it isn't totally smooth. It runs great, plenty of power, and will idle at extremely low RPM if I hold the throttle all the way back, so there doesn't seem to...
  10. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    Yes, a couple years ago when I first got it, I discovered a dirt-dobber nest way down past the intake stack and into the body of the unit. I took everything apart and cleaned it well. It was leaking a bit before that as well.
  11. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    Yes, it's a 2 cylinder... 730 propane.
  12. T

    Fall cattle prices

    Yep...
  13. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    Yes, there is another "lip" below that large ring around the canister that is just above the clamp.
  14. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    That's quite a large diameter for an O-ring, but I'll see if I can find such a size.
  15. T

    John Deere oil bath air cleaner leak

    Figures... wouldn't be a John Deere if it didn't leak a little oil here and there.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top