Recent content by TMatt

  1. T

    C Countershaft Nut, Ring and Pinion Questions

    Thanks for the reply. Turns out there were two things causing my trouble. First, I found that the edge of the boss of 4th gear where it meets with the front bearing was badly worn. Also I pulled out the spacer next to the rear bearing and found it had about an 1/8th inch groove worn in it...
  2. T

    C Countershaft Nut, Ring and Pinion Questions

    On a C I'm having troubles getting the ring and pinion set right. My problem is, when I tighten down the countershaft nut, it pulls the pinion gear out too far to properly mesh with the bevel gear. I've taken all the shims out and it's still set out too far. When I took it apart, the...
  3. T

    C Countershaft Nut Torque

    Is there a torque spec for the countershaft nut on a C transmission? I can"t seem to find anything on it. Thanks,
  4. T

    C Differential Bearing Preload

    Thanks guys, I checked it with a very old spring scale and it showed somewhere around 8 pounds or so. I think I probably need to find a new one to be sure. I checked the backlash again and came up with around .012-.015. Thanks again
  5. T

    C Pinion Settings

    I've been trying to check the gear mesh patterns between the pinion gear and bevel gear on my C. Once I got it about right, I took the front cover off the counter-shaft nut and found that the shaft had worked itself out about an 1/8th inch. What's going on here? I replaced all the bearings on...
  6. T

    C Differential Bearing Preload

    I've been going through the transmission and differential of my C and replaced the differential bearings. I put it back together with the original shims and it's pretty tight. Should new roller bearings be preloaded? Is there a spec? Couldn't find much in my manual. Thanks
  7. T

    Super C rope bracket ?

    Like Jim said it holds the adjusting crank for a C-295A plow. Here's a picture... <a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/TMattson/?action=view&amp;current=FarmallSuperCC-295APlow.jpg" target="_blank"></a>
  8. T

    IH 1066 Harmonic Balancer spun

    Just changed the balancer on our 1086 before we started planting. If I remember right it was around $450. I used a puller that I got from Advance Auto Part through their loaner program. It was a pretty hard pull, but it did eventually come off. Had to work the whole way, never really got...
  9. T

    1086 Harmonic Balancer Removal

    We're trying to pull the balancer off the 1086 and was wondering what's the best way to hold the engine from turning over when cranking down on the puller. Thanks
  10. T

    1086 Engine Labors When Steering

    Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out with the engine off. I did notice that the new hand pump seems to steer a little stiffer than the old one. Would it be possible to switch torsion bars from the old pump to the new? Or maybe I would be better off returning the new one for a different...
  11. T

    1086 Engine Labors When Steering

    I just replaced a hand pump on the 1086 with a reman. The old hand pump leaked internally and caused the steering to drift. With the new pump, I now noticed when sitting still and you turn the wheel to the left the engine slightly labors until you turn the wheel back to the right. Is something...
  12. T

    1086 Engine Labors When Steering

    I just replaced a hand pump on the 1086 with a reman. The old hand pump leaked internally and caused the steering to drift. With the new pump, I now noticed when sitting still and you turn the wheel to the left the engine slightly labors until you turn the wheel back to the right. Is something...
  13. T

    1086 Steering Drifts to the Left

    Thanks for the reply. Where did you take it to be rebuilt?
  14. T

    1086 Steering Drifts to the Left

    Our 1086 steering drifts to the left when running. In about 5 minutes of just sitting idling it will steer all the way left. The tractor steers fine, but it just drifts off to the left. Has anybody had this problem before? Thanks
  15. T

    Painting inside of castings?

    I"ve got the transmission case from our C Farmall all torn down and was wondering if the right type of paint is available to repaint the inside of the casting? The original paint is pretty good, but some has come off in places. Thanks
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top