Recent content by todintexas

  1. T

    1971 Ford 3500 Backhoe Electrical (also fuel pump)

    Thank you! We use a lot of these in our car builds so I figured that was the case, im going to test the output today and see if it works. I don't think the feedback would be an issue, there's a manual fuel shutoff that kills the engine but I'll check it.
  2. T

    1971 Ford 3500 Backhoe Electrical (also fuel pump)

    I have a 1971 Ford 3500, it's a backhoe. Had a lot of great help from this site so here I am again, lol! I'm trying to rewire the tractor, not completely just clean up the mess and make it usable. Discovered two things, appears to have a one wire GM type alternator, there's a single wire comes...
  3. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    I'm really hoping to find a direct replacement, I'm not too concerned with upgrading. Another member told me the control for the 730 series loader is a bolt on replacement for mine and provided a part number (7701708) so I'm looking for that now.
  4. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    That information helps, thank you. I'm not really looking to upgrade much, just stop the leaks. I have a skid loader that I use for any real dirt work, this I really only used for the backhoe and I'll be selling it as soon as our new home is finished.
  5. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    Thank you, so clearly no parts support for the old part. Going to get on the phone this morning and see if I can find something to replace it.
  6. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    What is "NLS"?
  7. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    I'd love to not have to modify lines so I'm going to try and find the original. I don't mind the 2 handles, one does need to be reversed though.
  8. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    That's great info, thank you
  9. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    Joystick would be nice but not necessary, if I had it I don't mind welding up brackets however, is Gresen the brand name that the direct replacement? And another dumb question, what supplier do I look to to buy that?
  10. T

    Loader valve for 1971 Ford 3500

    Have a 1971 Ford 3500, has a loader and a backhoe attachment. I'm looking to replace the loader valve and, silly question I guess, but where's the best place to look for something like that and be able to identify one that will work? This one leaks terribly, we've tried new o-rings, nothing...
  11. T

    Loader Control Valves or Cylinder Failure?

    One side will still work and the other won't?
  12. T

    Loader Control Valves or Cylinder Failure?

    Correct, no up and no down, bucket just rests in the ground. "Tries" to move in either direction but nothing, all other cylinders work normally. We are about to go try the "listen and feel" method, lol.
  13. T

    Loader Control Valves or Cylinder Failure?

    Thank you for that info, I will have my son come out and we will give that test a try. I do have a temp gun, so we will try that also. Somewhat related question, the valve assembly, is it rebuildable? Even if it has not failed at this point it does leak, and I would like to stop that.
  14. T

    Loader Control Valves or Cylinder Failure?

    You guys have helped a bunch in getting this old tractor back up and moving to help around the place, just want to say I appreciate that. Tractor is a 1971 Ford 3500 series, diesel with backhoe attachment and front end loader. Yesterday, we experienced some sort of a failure in the lift arms for...
  15. T

    1971 Ford 3500 Engine Oil Dipstick

    We ended up adding a quart when it hit the mark above the ADD symbol, brought it to about the middle of the word FULL. Gonna run it there for now, I need to change all the fluids next week and at that time I will look up the correct capacities for that motor and make sure the dipstick is marked...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top