Recent content by Tony in SD

  1. Tony in SD

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    I see. Learned something today.
  2. Tony in SD

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    I would not use plexiglass. It has a tendency to attract dust and when you try to wipe it off, it perminantly scratches the glass. My dads cabs had plexiglass BTDT wont do it again.
  3. Tony in SD

    Looking to buy a pair of binoculars

    Well the first thing is don't go over 10 power (the first number 10X**) unless you have something to mount them to for stabilization. Second used binoculars are a hit and miss at best. I look for excellent clear glass. In other words lens' with as few impurities as I can afford. That allows...
  4. Tony in SD

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    Been a long time since ag class but if I remember correctly corn stalks (& silage with no ears or low kernel yield) are only roughage and low in TDN. However roughage is needed in ruman animals such as cattle but if you feed just corn stalks with no protein (corn kernels) your cattle would look...
  5. Tony in SD

    Deer hunting advice.

    So would South Dakota. Landowners are held harmless for persons using their lands. Although to my knowledge that law has not been tested in court.
  6. Tony in SD

    Deer hunting advice.

    I have had hunters on my land for near 40 years. First thing I have them do when they arrive is to sign a waiver that says all parties on my side are not liable for anything. Most of my hunters are city folk and hunt many places besides mine. They all expect to sign a waiver where ever they...
  7. Tony in SD

    Levanna Road news

    Might be a good time to look at an alternative heat source. I use geothermal and LP on my farm Both are fairly stable. At least this year.
  8. Tony in SD

    Anybody Ever Heard Of A Vsee Box For Tv

    We are out side the normal reception area for the off-air TV channels However I have spent most of my life in the RF (Radio Frequency) world, designing, building and troubleshooting RF networks, transmitters and receive only stations. I applied that knowledge and found surplus parts to build a...
  9. Tony in SD

    El Nino?

    We are due for a snowy winter. We have had too many easy winters in a row.
  10. Tony in SD

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    I can see how you could make a profit with customers like you described. That is not the case here. Like I said, most of the horse people around here are broke. Got a kick out of Farmersamm's post above. It describes the kind of horse people I saw more often than not, "You get some moron...
  11. Tony in SD

    Smelting

    Since we were casting lead in high school, I made a battery terminal mold out of mahogany and cast a lead battery terminal. Still have both.
  12. Tony in SD

    Smelting

    My nephews daughter is welding in high school. Does that count as metal shop class ? In fact she intends on going to a VoTech to continue her welding education.
  13. Tony in SD

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    I especially agree with rules #1 & #3. I also agree with rules #5 & #6 and I could agree with rule #2 except there are very few horse people with money. I know only one that is a multi millionaire and he has a hay source already.
  14. Tony in SD

    Smelting

    Others will give you advice on the fine art of casting aluminum but I will touch a bit on safety. Make sure you are fully leathered up with a face shield that can withstand the temperature of the molten alloy. Make sure your roof does not leak or any other water source above you furnace. One...
  15. Tony in SD

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    My hay selling rules: Rule number one, do not even consider selling hay to horse people. Almost all of them are broke and they want the best hay at the lowest price. Rule number two, do not even consider selling hay to a hay jockey. They lose money on every load and try to make it up on...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top