Recent content by TractorDad3

  1. TractorDad3

    Not an Oliver......

    Yep, the 550 was rattle canned. The elbow grease is required to get it clean dry and ready for paint (or making friends with the local sandblasting shop). Patience and a lot of can shaking is required to prevent runs. There is a whole forum to follow from the pros, but self etching primer and a...
  2. TractorDad3

    Not an Oliver......

    I must admit I like your patina a little more than the fresh paint mine got. Nice front wheel Weights! I found hydraulic valve lever linkages and additional valve from Bates Corp., mine was farmerized to place pioneer couplers at the rear. Seems to be good parts around though i haven’t needed...
  3. TractorDad3

    Old beatup Oliver 550 sitting in the grass

    Very sharp Super 55! Suppose it depends on location but I would think that ones a $4k tractor at least today? Nice rubber ipto parade ready! The drawbar and other options do add up quick
  4. TractorDad3

    Old beatup Oliver 550 sitting in the grass

    I don’t mean to argue but it does look like a Vickers valve on there? Need a pair of hoses. Plenty of good folks sourcing parts for them Edit to add there are many on here who have been helpful to walking me through. There’s a good series on YouTube on a gentlemen fixing up a gasser real nice
  5. TractorDad3

    Old beatup Oliver 550 sitting in the grass

    For what it’s worth I love my diesel. As far as early utility tractors are concerned it’s the bees knees. Got a fresh start here as the primary snow mover and mower but kinda has become my little garage queen. Need to replace a brake pedal seal but the low gearing and fun shifting pattern makes...
  6. TractorDad3

    Just saw the peak of the lunar eclipse...

    💯 Spot on description
  7. TractorDad3

    Just saw the peak of the lunar eclipse...

    Mr. Lund is not joking, the total solar is a full on experience. Tears rolled down my eyes when I saw it in Idaho Falls and followed it to Jackson in ‘18 or ‘19? I stood out there in my skivvies enamored by last nights performance It’s a big universe out there and taking a minute to look up...
  8. TractorDad3

    Please help: Steering parts for 1960 Oliver 550

    I went down this rabbit hole for might ‘59 as well. I ended up buying a rebuilt unit from this site that was done right. Picture shows the different shaft lengths and types I bought to try and make work. Tried shortening the tube length but couldn’t get it adjusted properly to function smoothly...
  9. TractorDad3

    The YT Forum Culture

    Please keep an eye out for the passive aggressive, thought out responses that are clearly crafted to make someone feel stupid for the sake of making oneself feel better. It’s one thing to provide direct information that may require thicker skin to digest. It’s a whole different situation when...
  10. TractorDad3

    Yikes a green Ford

    🤢
  11. TractorDad3

    To add to how things have changed

    3 singles in 5 years
  12. TractorDad3

    To add to how things have changed

    Grew up with an S10 and Ranger, been rocking older minivans. I just bought a full size truck for my business. The heated steering wheel on cold hands is absolutely amazing and I can’t tell you how much I love having a full size. Three car seats along the back, can hand all the snacks back to...
  13. TractorDad3

    Help ID

    Looks to me like a Gibson SD https://www.gibsontractors.com/baas/modelSD.html Good website with more info on company history and models. Cool tractor
  14. TractorDad3

    Parts Cleaner Sovent

    Thanks for posting the question I have bins full of dirty parts and fasteners that would be really nice to box and organize properly after cleaning but don’t really know what to use The gentlemen from Just a Few Acres reviews one that’s worth a watch
  15. TractorDad3

    New to me Tractor

    I’ll report back on progress, books arrived today. Thank you all for the comments
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top