Recent content by tractorknut

  1. T

    lift linkage inside top cover for NAA

    Tractor Guru, I see you are in NC, I'm in So west Tn. and yes we have the humidity you do there, pretty sure. My lift lever won't move at all, and I know it's supposed to move where the four bolts are, I'll try what you suggested about removing the plug and spraying pb blaster or equivalent. Thanks
  2. T

    lift linkage inside top cover for NAA

    I have the linkage inside the top cover of my NAA that "rusts" up and makes it impossible to move the touch control lever. I took all the linkage out about two years ago, because of the same thing, wire wheeled every piece and put anti seize on every piece, and it worked great until this year...
  3. T

    lift linkage inside top cover

    Will try posting this again. I have a 1954 NAA that the lift lever is really hard to move again. Two years ago it did this, so I removed the lift cover, and removed all the linkage in the top of cover, wire wheeled all the rods there and put anti seize on all the parts. Worked fine until...
  4. T

    lift linkage inside top cover

    Bern, it is a 1954 NAA. A couple of years ago, I removed the top cover of the hydraulics and wire wheeled all the linkage in the cover and used anti seize on all the parts, everything worked as it should until this year and now again I can't hardly move the lever to raise or lower the...
  5. T

    lift linkage inside top cover

    Linkage rusted up, lift handle won't move. Any suggestions
  6. T

    which rear main seal

    Hello, I'm working on a 1955 800 series 172 cu. inch gas engine. The gasket set came with the neopreme seal as well as the rope seal for the rear main seal. The book looks like it is just using the neopreme, would this be correct, or do you use both? Also, I was told there are no cam bearings...
  7. T

    turned crank

    Thanks for your reply, looks like more money in the money pit.
  8. T

    turned crank

    The cap is on correct, now whether it was swaped out sometime, who knows?
  9. T

    turned crank

    I have pulled the engine on a 1955 860 model ford tractor, due to the rear main leaking, and pulled main bearings down while there. I found that it had the rope seal in it, but not the neoprem seal. Anyway, carried the crank which had been turned some time ago 20/20. The machine shop was able...
  10. T

    oil gauge reading

    Thanks guys, I will be getting a new gauge and go from there. The fitting was cracked and oil was running down the oil tube when engine was running, and that fitting was like looking for hens teeth.
  11. T

    oil gauge reading

    I removed a leaking fitting on a 860 ford tractor, due to the fitting being cracked to replace it, and noticed the gauge is still showing 60 lbs of pressure while disconnected. Can anyone explain this for me? Thanks for your reply. GM
  12. T

    gt275

    Are there any John Deere GT275 owners here, that could help me with the attachment of the "lift lever spring connection" toward the front of the frame? Something has come out or broke, and the JD.com does not show how it is connected. They show the spring with one connection, but not the other...
  13. T

    Clutch-Head Capscrews

    Dave, if you have an ACE Hardware, they may have the clutch head drivers, I have found mine there in the 1/4 inch socket form. GM
  14. T

    What I saw today, Evansville Ind.

    THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICTURES, sounds like that is one meeting that "paid off"
  15. T

    Hyd. pump repair kits

    Does anyone know of any repair kits offered for the Hydraulic pump for a C farmall by any one? Thanks in advance for any information. Gary M
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top