Recent content by Tree-Farmer

  1. T

    "cleaning up my Grandpas Farm"

    What's a Land Leveler? How would that work?
  2. T

    Old batteries

    18 years is pretty amazing for a battery to last that long! What brand were they?
  3. T

    Questions on grain bed-F750

    Thank you for your responses! OK, I will remove the caulking and too bad that I have to take off the top. For Wes, Thank you for the "car siding" name of those boards, I had not heard that. before, didn't know that was a type used.
  4. T

    Questions on grain bed-F750

    I bought a 1977 F750 that doesn’t run, but the bed is in very good condition, 18 foot. I plan to put this grain bed on a newer F750 or Freightliner M2-160 I would like to ask you experts some questions on this: The top of this bed has a one foot extension (maybe) on the top Question: Is this...
  5. T

    Sabotage?!

    My speculation is: That's very minor damage to be vandalism. You would expect that someone who wanted to damage your truck would do something worse.
  6. T

    new Zero turn mower choices

    Yes, you're right, but only if I hold my foot steady. I have to make an effort and hold my foot in just the right position to go very slow. Somehow I end up going faster. Something I'm doing is making it go faster than I want. It's more work and doesn't work as well for me, for this type of...
  7. T

    Mower immediately dies

    I have a Craftsman YT3000 mower, it’s been fairly dependable. Now it starts, runs for a second, then shuts off. I describe it that way, because it's actually starting, runs, fires a few times.. This is not the standard problem that a mower won’t start. It does start, but immediately dies. When...
  8. T

    Rate my Haul job - 1st time hauling heavy equipment

    Photo tip: Crop the picture next time. See all that grass in one and pavement in another? If you crop the grass out, then the tractor is bigger in the pic.
  9. T

    new Zero turn mower choices

    Is everything hydro now? I bought an older JD 725 front end mower. It has hydro, controlled by foot pedal, but I don't like it! I sometimes mow thicker and taller grass/weeds, so I want to go slow. I prefer a standard riding mower, where I can put it in first and forget about the speed. But my...
  10. T

    What grass for pasture?

    What grass would you recommend to plant for pasture? A local seed dealer has a pasture blend that has: Fescue (k32 variety) 50% Orchard grass - Potomac 20% Timothy (Climax) 10% Perennial rye (Linn variety) 20% What do you think? Is that a good mix? In North Missouri, clay soil, we got...
  11. T

    Add air-valve at bottom

    Too heavy? Makes tire go flat
  12. T

    Add air-valve at bottom

    Is this user error/too much load for the tractor? Or do I have a flat tire? This 15 or 20 foot brush cutter is very heavy for my 986, makes it light in the front. Then I turn on a hill, puts too much weight on one tire, Can it make one tire go flat? Pushes the air/liquid out? I can’t get the...
  13. T

    Add air-valve at bottom

    Can you put air in a tire that has liquid in it, when the valve stem is towards the bottom? I know you’re supposed to put it at the top to add air, but what if you need to add it where it is? IH 986, rear tire, I was turning on a slope, it was leaning too much for me, I got out and looked and...
  14. T

    OT-Roadside Assistance when Towing

    I think I would just plan on using my cell phone to ask google, from the side of the road wherever I am, for whatever town nearby. Google: tow service Columbia mo. Or "towing Sheboygan." I would plan to ask google, get a list and start calling myself. Just like I would at home. You would also...
  15. T

    I Need A Pick Me Up After Making A Big Mistake

    What's an electric motor do in steering? Do some vehicles not have mechanical linkage now? What's a: Steering computer?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top