Recent content by Tupperville

  1. T

    Leveling Arm Removal

    I have to remove the hardware from lower lift arm however it seems like it is pressed in. The nut comes off the back but it won't move even with a few light taps with a ball-peen hammer.
  2. T

    Ford 8N - 25 Years in a Barn

    Unsure of a few things about this tractor. The welding on the brush guard (hanging upside down) is a bit crude, not sure if Ford even offered a brush guard like this. Looks like a factory piece but once again, I am unsure. After two days of getting the dirt and dust off of it, not including...
  3. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    I don't know how a simple question on a tractor forum, from someone who has never owned a tractor before, about what to use in a Ford 3000 manual shift transmission, could have so many answers, from so many directions.
  4. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    I been off the farm for 40+ years but me and my brother used to ride the "stooker". My father did custom baling. Him on one side, me on the other, each of us grabing a twine. Cut side down so the rain would run off. We couldn't have been no more than 13 or 14 years old. And I remember...
  5. T

    Changing coulter disks

    I looked at my coulter disks on my new "old" plow today and was wondering how you get the rivets from hub to replace the discs. The used implement guy has stacks of what appears to be new "old" stock laying all over the place. And how close to the plow share should the coulter be. The ones on...
  6. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    The guy who was showing me the 3000 diesel was telling me as we were walking through part of the hay field how wet what he had cut, was. This was a week ago and it has rained everyday since. He then took me to the hay barn and showed me the good stuff saying he wished he would have kept the...
  7. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    Maybe TSC doesn't want there link used or wanted to be compensated in some way. We all know who TSC is so why have a link to it. If I was seeing a Walmart link or Amazon link all the time, I would not come here.
  8. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    Found the location tab, thanks.
  9. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    This is what I plan for the differential. Product Review: "Castrol UTF, Universal Tractor Fluid, is a premium hydraulic/transmission fluid that exceeds the refill and service top- up needs of farm and industrial tractor transmission, differentials, and immersed disc brakes." If a cheaper...
  10. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    The transmission gear oil change went well, took two 5 litre jugs and 1/3 of another. I bought three jugs of MotoMaster 80W90 Extreme Pressure Gear Oil, 5-L I don't know what the "extreme pressure" means but the uncle who been farming all his life said 80-90 gear oil. $62.99 CAD dollars each...
  11. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    I tried to update my profile and add my location but can't. Very few American businesses no longer ship to Canada and many Canadian businesses no longer ship to the u.s. Only a fool would buy something then wait for the bill from customs.
  12. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    "TSC" became "Peavy Mart" or something like that up here in Canada. The last one I drove by was closed and the windows papered over. When I first saw the "Peavy Mart" sign I thought maybe they sold Knitting supplies. Also "Princess Auto" a company who originated in Winnipeg, Canada came to...
  13. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    corrosion on the copper ring seal has been removed and cleaned.
  14. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    The store has: Certified Transmission/Differential Hydraulic Fluid, 18.9-L It would appear this product will cover everything or I can just use it in the differential and use the above 80-90 product in the transmission. Today I put the 80-90 product in the transmission and come back to this...
  15. T

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    Fair enough, I buy four 5 litre jugs for the differential. The tractor data website has six gallons for the differential but four 5 litre may do it. Transmission 12.5 litre. (three 5 litre jugs).
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top