Recent content by Tx Jim

  1. Tx Jim

    Rear wheel weights for 72 model 4020

    What is rear wheel casting #???? Did you have timing marks lined up?
  2. Tx Jim

    2510 gas hydraulic pump

    May I ask since it appears no good hydraulic diagnostics procedures have been performed indicating newly installed frt pump is at fault how can one accurately blame newly installed front pump for the poor engine starting problem? A previous internal leak in tractor hyd system could make frt...
  3. Tx Jim

    2510 gas hydraulic pump

    An internal high pressure leak can cause a frt closed center hyd pump to not fully go out of stroke. Before you install a destroking screw try moving steering wheel rapidly side to side while engaging the starter. Alternate part # for hex type DS screw is part # RE13271@ $72.31 or...
  4. Tx Jim

    2950 oil leak

    When I was employed at JD dealer there was a tool that when mounted to a 2nd tractors 3pt hitch that had the tool had forks that could be slide in SGB frame channels so as to raise & hold SGB for removal.
  5. Tx Jim

    730 PTO Noise

    I've read of trans oil getting into ind pto housing. IIRC trans oil such as 85W-140 will ruin pto clutch linings. I think Hy-Gard in 2 cyl trans would cause gears to make more noise during operation.
  6. Tx Jim

    2950 oil leak

    Whether cab needs to be removed to repair a hyd oil leak on a 2950 in clutch housing will depend on what component is causing the oil leak!!!!!!!! IIRC if the hyd hi-lo is leaking hyd oil then that can be repaired with cab in place by spitting between engine & clutch housing.
  7. Tx Jim

    2950 oil leak

    Cab doesn't require removal to split tractor between engine & clutch housing. I agree with Jim oil leak is either rear engine oil seal or if hyd oil is leaking trans input shaft or hyd hi-lo if equipped.
  8. Tx Jim

    Hesston CaseIH Round Baler Pre-Purchase Questions

    Due to you liking your JD 335 why don't you consider a JD 430 or 435 & just set it to make 4X4 bales
  9. Tx Jim

    4010 24V SYSTEM

    Thank you for your compliment! I seriously doubt JD 24 volt electrical system & trouble free should be in same topic.
  10. Tx Jim

    4010 24V SYSTEM

    Way back when I was employed at JD dealer I went on several service calls to jump start tractors with 24 volt systems. I would attach a vehicle with 12 volt electrical system on each side of tractor batteries being sure that the vehicle bumper & tractor metal did not touch each other. Attach...
  11. Tx Jim

    Install destroke screw 1964 4020

    Congratulations on your repair & thank you for updating your thread.
  12. Tx Jim

    4010 24V SYSTEM

    Batteries & 12 volt starters are much more powerful today than in 1961-1968!!! I'll guess I understand JD 24 volt systems much better than the average older tractor owner. If I owned a JD tractor with a 24 volt system the very first time that 24 volt system gave me any problems I'd change...
  13. Tx Jim

    Hydraulic cylinder scratch and rust spots.

    If I was in your situation I would check on price of a new cylinder. Granted cylinder style will affect price. I had rod seal fail on a 2.5X10 tie bolt type cylinder. I checked with 3 different hyd repair businesses for cost of cylinder repair. I was quoted $180, $200 & $215 for repair. I...
  14. Tx Jim

    4010 24V SYSTEM

    One can use the original 24 volt wiring harness by attaching both brown & blue wires that were originally attached to 24 volt starter to top post on 12 volt starter solenoid. If one wants fuel gauge to operate correctly then fuel gauge must be changed to a negative ground fuel gauge similar to...
  15. Tx Jim

    John Deere 2755 Hydraulic Vibration/Loader

    You could possibly install an adjustable flow control valve similar to what I installed on a Kubota M4900 that I owned several yrs ago to help operator control FEL boom lowering speed while moving rd bales.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top