Recent content by u00bgg2

  1. U

    300 Utility......again

    So , new day new set of problems. Got the ring gear changed out, new start tooth installed and things were looking up. When lining up the output shaft with the fly wheel we had to turn the crank a couple times and heard a pining / knocking sound. I did not think much of it, I though maybe...
  2. U

    300 Utility Starter Advice

    I did think about flipping the gear but based on how it was acting I "thought" there was more sever wear than what I found. Lesson learned I guess
  3. U

    300 Utility Starter Advice

    sorry for some of the double pictures in the post, my bad
  4. U

    300 Utility Starter Advice

    Hello, I have a had 300 utility for the past several years, fixing little issues as they come around. Well I am getting ready to give the tractor to my son and wanted to fix some of the more problematic items. When I purchased the starter ground pretty bad, a little hit miss but i could always...
  5. U

    300 Utility Hydraulics

    Roger that, I see it. My tractor has front brush guard on it so obviously I did not dig deep enough. Next question would be, if I run a front mount pump will I need to have an additional hydraulic tank? Reading the other posts regarding the 300U hydraulic system and how it functions, I would say...
  6. U

    300 Utility Hydraulics

    Janicholson, am I missing something, I did not see a picture? :D Would like to see a picture though... :lol:
  7. U

    300 Utility Hydraulics

    Yes sir, both valves have been removed disassembled and cleaned out.
  8. U

    300 Utility Hydraulics

    I had considered using the backhoe PTO pump but I don't always have the backhoe on the tractor, hence why I was interested in comment around the front mount pump. I have done some additional reading and some looking and I am not sure I can mount one on the front of the 300U. I see an access hole...
  9. U

    300 Utility Hydraulics

    So can you educate me regarding the front mounted pump? Ironically I have a woods backhoe that has a PTO mounted pump that I thought out T-ing into, but there are some draw back for that. The front mount pump would be better for me, I just dont know anything about them.
  10. U

    300 Utility Hydraulics

    So I have a 300 utility with a front loader, been pecking away at it little by little as she was rough from the start. The tractor has a front loader and they have been slow and a little weak from the start. I did some reading on here and have taken the tank apart and have cleaned the filter...
  11. U

    TA Clutch Question

    I think adjustment was and is part of the issue. The main clutch, and ta clutch (discs) both show little wear. When I was taking it apart I did have an issue getting the front input shaft out. After I got it out I noticed the coupler appeared to ne stuck on the shaft, I had to press it...
  12. U

    TA Clutch Question

    Can not seem to be smart enough to figure out how to post photos
  13. U

    TA Clutch Question

    So i have split my 300 Utility as it had shifting issues like not disengaging from gear with pressure on the drive line, etc. I have removed all the gearing from the front, the planetary from the rear and have inspected most everything. So here is my question, there is a lot of wear on the...
  14. U

    300 Utility, another TA , clutch, shifting question

    So I had some time as it was the weekend, I took the directions from the "Vet" and worked forward. So here is what I found. I adjusted the clutch (plate removed), and then set the pedal free play. I then did an extended examination of the TA clutch and throw out bearing. The bearing spins freely...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top