Recent content by Ultradog MN

  1. Ultradog MN

    Looking to buy a pair of binoculars

    Hoping to tap into the brain trust here. I do a little deer hunting. I sit in a blind and don't need to carry them around or climb trees with them. A heavy or bulky pair is fine. Would probably make a leg to steady them on the floor. The farthest I can see is about 180 yards. Beyond that is a...
  2. Ultradog MN

    Sherman Cylinder Head?

    To answer your question we would first need to define "meaningful" ;) I believe it would give the HP a bump but don't have a clue how much. There was a fellow here "Dell WA" (he's passed on now) who talked about using the smog pump from a 1970s GM car as sort of a poor man's turbo for these...
  3. Ultradog MN

    Sherman Cylinder Head?

    I think you may be right. There was a time you could have sold that aluminum head for what you paid for the tractor. Maybe still could.
  4. Ultradog MN

    TPH bucket

    They made them one way and two way. Hold out for a two way!
  5. Ultradog MN

    TPH bucket

    I believe it is a Ford 706 reversible rear scoop. I have one just like it that I've used for many tasks behind a 3000. Carving off a rise in a deer plot and carrying the soil to a low, damp area to fill it. Its not very fast but not unenjoyable either. Haul rocks out of my plots and dump...
  6. Ultradog MN

    Dragging home a Ford 3000 with another Ford 3000

    I think you could do it. Maybe put bolts in the swivel balls on the lift arms of the tow tractor then use a short chain on each lift arm to the front axle of the towed tractor. No need to lift the front tires of the towed tractor completely off the ground. Just take enough weight off so they...
  7. Ultradog MN

    Newbie Ford 8N Help..

    Ns had brakes? ;) Ford brakes were never good till they came out with the 1965 4000s with wet disc type brakes.
  8. Ultradog MN

    What were you doing on 9-11

    Sorry Stan. I wasn't trying to be a smart A or anything. The Mcvey thing was just a thought I've had many times. I was working - tiling a shower for a customer out in the suburbs. He was watching CNN and said there was a big fire downtown. I thought Minneapolis? Turned out to be a Lot worse...
  9. Ultradog MN

    What were you doing on 9-11

    Not quite on topic but I've always wondered what Timothy McVey would have thought about it. Would he, like most Americans, have been angry or would it have made him feel like an amateur? He was put to death exactly 3 months earlier on June 11th
  10. Ultradog MN

    Snowplow

    Nice. A blue one. The brackets changed to fit different tractors over the years but same blade was used until some time in the 1970s.
  11. Ultradog MN

    are there any good woodworking forums

    OWWM.ORG
  12. Ultradog MN

    Chard Coffee grounds in concrete

    If you watch some cops/bad guys videos on youtube you'll see the perpetrators face down on the concrete while they are getting hand cuffed. Maybe ask them? ;)
  13. Ultradog MN

    Parting ways

    $1200? A complete N weighs about 2500 lbs. Current scrap prices for mixed iron/steel (minus the tires) is about $140 per ton.
  14. Ultradog MN

    Military Ford

    Military airport tug. My old pal Kenny bought one of those - 15? years ago. It was the MOST WORN OUT tractor either of us have ever seen. Like, we wondered how it could have run long enough to be so worn. It had a 4 sp transmission with a torque converter. No 3 point or pto. Someone had cobbled...
  15. Ultradog MN

    How many remember the date you joined the service

    I asked google gemini "When did the US military transition from a service # to your SSN?. It returned the following: "The transition from Service Numbers to Social Security Numbers (SSNs) across the U.S. Military was authorized under Department of Defense Directive 1336.1 and rolled out in...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top