Recent content by UnstyledB

  1. UnstyledB

    Wanted JD Mechanical Lift chain guard to trade

    I have a John Deere mechanical lift chain guard for an A that I would like to trade for a B guard. Please send me a message if interested in a trade.
  2. UnstyledB

    Parts needed for John Deere B

    Now that I think about it you will also need to replace the center stud with a shorter one (8 7/8") vs the 10" one it has now.
  3. UnstyledB

    Parts needed for John Deere B

    You can usually find a complete cover set up as you need it on ebay. You will also need to find part # 7 which can typically be found on ebay.
  4. UnstyledB

    Parts needed for John Deere B

    I s I suspect your B is set up to use the brass purolator reusable oil filter. Unless you have the original brass cartridge you will want to convert over to use a disposable paper element. You will need parts 7 through 17 (less number 15) from these diagrams.
  5. UnstyledB

    JD B manifold gasket - to seal or not to seal?

    Thanks for the advice everyone. I went with permatex muffler and tailpipe sealer on both sides of the gasket. I also sealed the threads of the manifold studs that screw into the water jacket with Loctite 5770. Going to put the head back on today and fire things up.
  6. UnstyledB

    JD B manifold gasket - to seal or not to seal?

    Opinions on whether ot not to apply gasket sealer to an unstyled B manifold gasket? Some people say use sealer, some don't. Anyone have experiences they would like to share?
  7. UnstyledB

    radiator shutter control

    I will take it. Please contact me.
  8. UnstyledB

    1942 John Deere BO - Part Source?

    To remove that cover you would have to split the erar axle from the main case and remove the differential. What if you cleaned the cover of all outer oily residue and put some JB weld or other hard epoxy over the holes? There is no pressure to deal with from the main case and the fix would be...
  9. UnstyledB

    1937 Model D Issues

    Does the tractor have water or antifreeze in the cooling system? If antifreeze, do you know how it was mixed before the system was filled? You can't pour a couple gallons of concrntrate in the system followed by water.....it will never mix properly and create a "plug" inthecooling system that...
  10. UnstyledB

    In search of short frame unstyled B hood

    Have you tried this number for Detwilers? 715-659-4252. I bought some repo B hoods from them just a couple of weeks ago. I called the number I listed and they picked right up.
  11. UnstyledB

    Unstyled B PTO Shield

    The correct PTO cover for an unstyled B is A1242R. This cover was used from 1936 through unstyled and early styled production (1935 Bs used an open end cover). Later Bs used an oil seal setup that replaced the original PTO packing setup and used the later AA2297 sheld .
  12. UnstyledB

    1938 unstyled B

    You need AB4234R right? A web search turns up a couple available.
  13. UnstyledB
    Expired

    Wanted Unstyled B front steel wheels

    I need a set of unstyled B front steel. Slotted hole rims preferred but will consider either.
  14. UnstyledB

    JD B overdrive

    Yes would be best to sell the whole tractor and let someone else remove it if all they really want is the overdrive. In my opinion the overdrive should make the tractor sell for a premium but you never know.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top