Recent content by wahayes

  1. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    Well good news bad news. good news is the motor turns freely by hand without any issue. In fact how freely it turned gives me pause , but it made zero weird noises so that’s good. The bad news is a storm knocked out our power as soon as I started to work on it in the shop :ROFLMAO: all my...
  2. W

    Sltx1054 new to me

    Oh one odd ball thing about this thing though is that it has a 26hp Briggs and Stratton but everything I’ve read on them says it should be a kohler… it’s not a repower as it still has all the original cub decals indicating it’s a cub cadet Briggs and Stratton mower. At some point I also will...
  3. W

    Sltx1054 new to me

    Hi all . Picked up a Cub Cadet sltx1054 vt recently. Solid machine , got a good deal on it from original owner moving to Alaska. It ran good but had some neglect issues, so I rebuilt the deck with new spindles , new tension spring, belt, and blades. Also put new j hooks to mount the deck. Gave...
  4. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    How can you tell this ?! Lol
  5. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    Yea I’m super excited about it. I know nothing about them at the moment but that’s part of the fun. I definitely will be sharing progress and have no fear, there will be plenty of questions 🤣 That half track is awesome!
  6. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    Mods can yall move this to the garden tractor forum? I missed seeing that one
  7. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    Well that would have been ideal yes lol however I live in the middle of nowhere so the nearest car wash would’ve been 20 min in the opposite direction of where we were headed . I do have a pressure washer though . Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to roll it out and spray her down We were moving...
  8. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    Ok so I was able to do some disassembly today. Unfortunately I believe I have a series one motor as there’s no oil filter I can find. Also I may be doing an engine rebuild as this thing has zero oil in it at all which is not surprising but it sure would’ve been nice albeit a bit delusional to...
  9. W

    1964 ford 4140 industrial , worth fixing ??? New to tractors

    I haven’t . I will try this today.
  10. W

    1964 ford 4140 industrial , worth fixing ??? New to tractors

    Worked on her a little bit this afternoon . Replaced the starter solenoid but it seemed to blow a second one. Now it won’t do anything. Thinking the starter is just toast . I have spark , I cracked the fuel line at the carb to confirm I have fuel to the carb, I cleaned the carb , so I have...
  11. W

    1964 ford 4140 industrial , worth fixing ??? New to tractors

    Well got some progress made on the old ford. We got it officially moved from my father in laws to my shop. Now the fun begins. Moving this thing with rotted flat tires was not fun at all but at least it’s here now.
  12. W

    1982 John Deere 317

    Hi All Well I finally got my 317 over from my father in laws house to my shop. Plan on doing a full restoration. Any tips or suggestions are welcome. I have no idea if it runs yet and for some reason it seems to tilt to the right in the front. I’ve worked on cars my whole life but this is a...
  13. W

    Can anyone tell me what this is ?

    Based on the serial number I think it has the series 2 kohler that corrected the oiling issues however I haven’t verified yet. Even if it has the series 1 not a huge issue as we have zero hills or embankments to cause an oiling issue where uneven ground caused a problem
  14. W

    Can anyone tell me what this is ?

    Would this plow work with the lifting arm and depth cam for the tiller ? I’m thinking it would?
  15. W

    Can anyone tell me what this is ?

    I’m in Texas panhandle BUT I am a truck driver so you never know lol I also have family in Newton
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top