Recent content by Wdj

  1. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    Just so you know you are not alone
  2. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    If you haven't already you might want to take a look at some of the boomless nozzle setups available . Can do a wide swath with just 2 nozzles set in the center of your track. And it puts it fairly high to get over the top of blackberry tangles.
  3. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    Thank you. I will give that a try.
  4. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    Foliar application or cut stump?
  5. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    Yup. My most despised invasive is English Holly. Given up on chemistry except some success with cut stump treatment. Grubbing and pulling been all that seems to really work. And some folks still use it in landscapes. I would pay for the honor of ripping out the last one on earth!
  6. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    While not as immediately effective as chemistry, I have been able to get adequate control with consistent mowing combined with increasing the vigor of the grass stand. At least for a pasture situation. The idea is to not allow enough leaf area to replenish sugars in the root system. Awhile back...
  7. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    With a contact herbicide you want as much leaf surface as possible. Don't understand that recommendation. I really hate to tell you this but your probably not gonna totally eradicate the blackberries. With diligence they can be held to a minimum but you gotta stay on it. You probably have...
  8. W

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    That's interesting. I have had good results with crossbow. Works best in late September - early October when the blackberries are pulling sugar down into the roots. I especially like one called CrossRoad which uses the lower volitility form of 24D. But I'm in a very different climate than you are.
  9. W

    "Air Cannon" equivalent for small tires.

    I'll add D. It's Saturday evening, tire shops closed and I need it NOW!
  10. W

    Disk Plow

    Used a disc plow in Christmas tree ground after stump grinding. The remaining feeder roots would wrap around the mold boards on a regular plow and plug things up in a few feet. Left a pretty rough job though.
  11. W

    Massey No.9 Baler help

    If your 9 isn't in too bad of shape I wouldn't give up before reading the manual several times. I started with a tired #3. Then another #3 and a12. Pull the twine back into the chute and hold it there with a bar or 2x4, trip the knotter and have someone roll the flywheel slowly while you watch...
  12. W

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    Did the inner on one side, both and the bearing on the other last year with advice from here. So far, so good.
  13. W

    Wicked saw

    Cut with the tip. Just push it straight ahead. Some real advantages in the right situation.
  14. W

    Wicked saw

    Used them extensively cutting Christmas trees. That dog on the end controls the kickback.
  15. W

    Tracking stolen items

    At one time I was having a problem with my tools migrating to co workers boxes. Not theft, just carelessness. Painted them fluorescent pink. End of problem.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top