Recent content by WestWAFarmall

  1. W

    1964 Farmall 460 brake shaft seals and hydraulic failure

    Hey guys here is a quick video of my adventure on replacing brake shaft seals, shaft and working on failed hydraulics. Please feel free to comment. https://youtu.be/TqllNUcRGkk
  2. W

    Mobil DTE 16m for tractor hydraulic fluid ????

    Well dang that stinks. I was just hoping since it is a ridiculous deal on sealed barrel of Mobil for $50.00. Thanks for your help.
  3. W

    Mobil DTE 16m for tractor hydraulic fluid ????

    I have a 1964 Farmall 460 diesel. I have just gone through the entire hydraulics including replacing the pump. I have access to a entire unused drum of Mobil DTE 16m Hydraulic fluid for $50.00. I am not sure if it will be compatible with my tractor hydraulics so any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
  4. W

    Installing Massey baler knotter and adjustment

    I have been forced to work on my own baler due to lack of service and parts. I figured I would put together videos for anyone who has a similar baler or problems. Feel free to check it out. It is a Massey 128 square baler. https://youtu.be/S8hSbEzE8Y0
  5. W

    Cracked Hydraulic Pressure Relief Return Line

    I had a hydraulic leak on a damaged tube just like you and I cut the damaged section out and replaced the pipe and installed Swagelok fittings. No leaks thus far and cheap fix. Just another way that might work for you. Try your way first but if it doesn't work maybe this will help. Best of luck!
  6. W

    how to clean contanimated hydraulics

    I have a 1964 Farmall 460 utility diesel.
  7. W

    how to clean contanimated hydraulics

    I have been fighting hydraulic problems with my tractor. I had major leaks from a couple fittings and a plugged strainer and filter. After repairing all the leaks and fitting I fired up the tractor and it worked perfectly for about an hour. Now the hydraulic pump makes a lot of whining noise...
  8. W

    M.F. 128 baler knotter rebuild ( attempt )

    I did find that place but with shipping it was a bit ridiculous. The knotter assembly for one side with shipping was close to $1,000.00. I appreciate the help though.
  9. W

    M.F. 128 baler knotter rebuild ( attempt )

    I purchased this baler last year and the last 60 bales of hay I could not get the right side knotter to work. The twine just kept getting wound around the assembly. I just cut my loses and figured I would take it to the local shop this year. Well local shop won't work on my baler due to lack of...
  10. W

    HELP hydraulics quit again

    I have a 1964 Farmall 460 diesel. I had a major hydraulic leak from the brake shaft seals, power steering supply line and the main hydraulic hose and I lost all hydraulic power. I repaired all the leaks and hoses and replaced all the hydraulic fluid. Hydraulic pump made a slight whining noise...
  11. W

    Hydraulic tubing wall thickness

    Is it possible to switch to Swagelok fittings?
  12. W

    Hydraulic tubing wall thickness

    I really want to try and keep it as close to factory as possible. I am trying to slowly restore my tractor as parts fail back to as close to new as possible. I have had a lot of people stopping by my farm asking to purchase my tractor so it must be pretty desired so I want to keep her running...
  13. W

    Hydraulic tubing wall thickness

    Great thanks.
  14. W

    Hydraulic tubing wall thickness

    I am replacing the work and damaged hydraulic steel lines on my 1964 Farmall 460 and I am wondering what the wall thickness is. Has anyone had experience changing to Swagelok fittings or should I just order a double flaring tool? Any advice and help is appreciated.
  15. W

    Farmall brake pedal shaft seal replacement

    Thanks I will check it out.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top