Recent content by Zeb16223

  1. Z

    Well ...that did not fix it.

    I live in between three towns with three different NAPA stores. In the largest town IF the right person is in he will take the time to find the right part; in the next largest town(new NAPA store) the lady only knows what is on the computer, in the smallest town those guys know their stuff and...
  2. Z

    manuals.us

    Has anyone ever ordered from these folks? I ordered a manual from the 2 weeks ago, got an order conformation number and of coarse the money was taken from my card. Their web site will not connect and will not return E-mails. I cannot seem to find a phone number for them. I think I have been had...
  3. Z

    Power steering

    OK thanks that is what we had sort of figured out. What about the bearing and bushing? The oldest guy I could find at the JD parts counter said to be sure and check the shaft for a groove worn in it? He said the new shaft is $420.00. I was thinking is the shaft does have a groove, put the 2...
  4. Z

    730 gear oil color

    I just changed the oil in my 620, the oil loo the same way. Wash the transmission, rear end and first reduction by pouring in 5 gallons of diesel and driving a SHORT distance, I used 4th.
  5. Z

    Carburetor Bowl Nut Leaking

    I have a duplex carb on my 620 but I put teflon tape on the threads and no more leaks.
  6. Z

    I like it when

    I am not on call.
  7. Z

    Power steering

    Well GFL to any one looking for any help here. All I can say is buy the GD book and do all of the research you can on line because nobody on here will help.
  8. Z

    Power steering

    Can the power steering pump seals be replaced while the pump is on the tractor? It looks like the the radiator will need to come off. OHHHHH BOY. The pump looks to be leaking out of the front seal. The power steering works good except for this leak and wheel wobble which I hope I can fix by...
  9. Z

    A good weekend

    Well my parts arrived at 10:00 Friday night, UPS man not very happy. All new intake and exhaust gaskets and bolts. This was a fun Saturday morning task. Did I mention that i also ordered the Roberts CD for duplex carbs? this was an absolute life saver. I followed the instructions and she now...
  10. Z

    80 - 90

    Mark, you said that right. Quality has bought 2 dealerships in our area and both parts managers told me,"We used to keep these older parts but not anymore".
  11. Z

    80 - 90

    I suspect that the cheapest oil you can by now is of a better quality than the best oil you could by when most of our tractors were new.
  12. Z

    620 Manifolds more pics

    Here are some more pictures.
  13. Z

    620 Manifolds

    Well, I got the bolts out of the exhaust manifold today. Gotta love that PB Blaster. That is the good news. The bad is I think I will need to replace both the intake and exhaust manifolds. My question is, will I need to have these mounting surfaces resurfaced or will a good quality gasket and...
  14. Z

    DTLX 94

    What have I missed? I have washed, blown out and scrubbed out the passages under the casting plugs (one on top and one in the front face, same passage just makes a 90* turn). I still have to run the choke at 1/4 to 1/2 closed at idle and under load. I keep seeing channel balls mentioned but I...
  15. Z

    Gotter runnin

    The front wheels have a good bit of wabble going down the paved road and have some gauge issues, 12 V neg ground, so these will take some time but so far I am very pleased.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top