oil pump masseyt 55 gasoline

WORNOUT

need oil pump for massey 55 gasoline ,unable to find new or good .used.does anyone have any suggestions?? is there any oil pumps that i could adapt?? need help with this one. any ideas would be helpful. thanx

There is (or was?) a guy in Havelock, Ontario. George Klug-something-or-other. Long Scandinavian surname that I can't remember. He had a Massey 55 sitting for parts in a shed. He had a whole yard of scrap tractors and vehicles he would sell parts off. Very nice guy to talk to, but he was rather well known for charging crazy prices, and as such he didn't sell a lot - just accumulated more and more. You could try doing some detective work and seeing if you can track him down. Not guaranteed that he's still around, as he was getting up there in age when I last talked to him, and that was several years ago.

Alternatively, start calling around wreckers for the Case/Terratrac crawlers - there are a few in wrecking yards around. They used the same engine. Or try to find a JD403 engine, which was identical to the 382 but with a bigger bore and balancing shafts added (if you can find a whole 403, they make an excellent drop-in replacement of the lousy 382.

What's wrong with yours? There's not really anything to those oil pumps that a CNC machine shop couldn't fabricate with ease. Looks like the diesel and gas versions had different part numbers for the pump, but the only thing different between them was the relief spring (probably a little stiffer on the diesel), so you could easily swap it out.

I have a used pump if you are still looking. There is a little play on the keyway on the internal gear. A new key might help? Where are you located? I'm in Elkhart Lake WI.

Attachments

• IMG_20240209_165956236.jpg
    IMG_20240209_165956236.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240209_165916173.jpg
    IMG_20240209_165916173.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240209_170229073.jpg
    IMG_20240209_170229073.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
thanks for your reply, can you tell me how worn the shaft in the pump is worn ,the shaft that has drive gear i mean, how much are you asking for this pump ? thanks

thanks for your reply, can you tell me how worn the shaft in the pump is worn ,the shaft that has drive gear i mean, how much are you asking for this pump ? thanks
There is a small amount of play when you rock the external gear. I don't think it is too bad. Asking $40 for the pump. I'm in Elkhart Lake, WI. Can ship and PayPal if needed.

I have a used pump if you are still looking. There is a little play on the keyway on the internal gear. A new key might help? Where are you located? I'm in Elkhart Lake WI.
Good Day JJL, just reaching out to you on behalf of Wornout, wondering if you still have the oil pump, as we are still looking for one Im happy to figure out payment and shipping etc with you if possible. Thanks!
attached is a picture of bringing both the 55 and a 444 home last year.

Attachments

• PXL_20230207_204849895.jpg
    PXL_20230207_204849895.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
Good Day JJL, just reaching out to you on behalf of Wornout, wondering if you still have the oil pump, as we are still looking for one Im happy to figure out payment and shipping etc with you if possible. Thanks!
is that them Red deer massey's ?

I have one that’s still on the tractor Thomas. I may get time to take it off when it warms up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back