Bud589

New User
I’m a younger and new Oliver enthusiast. I do a lot of shopping, daydreaming, and reading. I’m confused on this one. The injection pump side looks like a Perkins 354. Did these tractors really come with spin out rims? Side note: how on earth do you rip off half of one side of your top link mounts?

Did they just paint a -T on an 1850?

Last edited:
Not sure what you have there. The seat appears to be from a 1800 B or C series, PTO lever on the left to me says 1800 or early 1850. There never was a 1850T unless someone added one to it aftermarket. Wide front looks to be the old style from a 1800 or early 1850. To me, it better run great and be cheap. Chris

Welcome. A quick look says it's an 1850 to me, it has the Perkins, someone could've installed a turbo off a 2-105 or transplanted a 2-105 engine and made some custom 1850-T decals. Spin outs were available.

They probably tried hooking a cylinder up instead of a top link for easier adjustment but no swivel for side to side movement so something has to give.

I’m a younger and new Oliver enthusiast. I do a lot of shopping, daydreaming, and reading. I’m confused on this one. The injection pump side looks like a Perkins 354. Did these tractors really come with spin out rims? Side note: how on earth do you rip off half of one side of your top link mounts?

Did they just paint a -T on an 1850?

We have busted the top link mount more than once but it usually involved a White 5 bottom roll over plow and an abrupt movement. We had parts. Got one tractor where someone welded it back together with heavy piece of rebar included to strengthen it. Should not be hard to find a replacement. As for the model number, the tractor is clearly a model 1850, I see the pto lever is on the left side and not on the right. I think it could be ordered for either side or maybe the earlier ones had it on the left side. As for the turbo, that tractor didn't originally come with one. Looking at the exhaust manifold, it looks like it would have been an original without the turbo. It is possible to find a turbo to install and there were even after market companies like M&W that provided turbos. My dad had one installed on a Ford 6000 and you could tell the difference. The model number 1850-T on the arrow spear is not factory. One can order things as they want for replacement decals. Good luck with it.

On a side note, make sure to replace the hydraulic filter under the seat before you use it too much. I can be a bugger to replace if the cast cap hasn't been removed in a while. I had to purchase a special 6 point socket to fit my 3/4 drive breaker bar and had to heat it up on three different tractors to get it loose. The filter should have a spring in the cap to hold it in place. It also might have rubber or cork gasket that deteriorates over time and allows debris to get in the system.

I went back and looked at the pictures again. That is not a 1972 year tractor. The model 1855's would have been in full production for at least 2 or 3 years by then. It most likely could be maybe a 1968 but maybe a few years earlier. I see it has the control levers for a hydra-electric but the hoses are just hanging there. Hard to tell what ends were being used. The seat or what's left of it makes it look like an earlier model. Does it have a readable serial numbe that you can check for the correct year? If I recall correctly it should be down by the clutch pedal. I also noticed it does not have a pull engine shut off. Does it stop by the turn of the key? That may have been updated but it wasn't standard at the time.

It's definitely not a 1950T. 1950T whould have the 310 Waukesha and that is a Perkins for sure. The front tub has the square holes cast in, which you dont see very often. Sheet metal can be changed, so who really knows what it is. You would have to get the cast in part numbers off the rear main frame housing as well as the front tub.

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back