JD 1240 Plates for Soybeans

jcraw

New User
I recently acquired a JD1240 and I'm having troubles finding the plates I'm needing to plant soybeans. (Yes its a 1240 plate planter) Everything I'm finding is for Corn. I would like to use the Lustran plates if possible but I don't know how to set the sprockets for the correct seed rate. I'm wanting to plant at 50 lb per acre. With the seed I have that should be around 136,000. I've scoured the web trying to find the answer and all I've found is to use the B2 plate but that is a flat corn plate and also doesn't tell the sprocket settings. I know that Lincoln has plates but I don't want to drop $65 a plate on this 1240 because if I find a 7000 close to me for a reasonable price I'll try to pick it up. But for now its the 1240 to get the beans in. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I recently acquired a JD1240 and I'm having troubles finding the plates I'm needing to plant soybeans. (Yes its a 1240 plate planter) Everything I'm finding is for Corn. I would like to use the Lustran plates if possible but I don't know how to set the sprockets for the correct seed rate. I'm wanting to plant at 50 lb per acre. With the seed I have that should be around 136,000. I've scoured the web trying to find the answer and all I've found is to use the B2 plate but that is a flat corn plate and also doesn't tell the sprocket settings. I know that Lincoln has plates but I don't want to drop $65 a plate on this 1240 because if I find a 7000 close to me for a reasonable price I'll try to pick it up. But for now its the 1240 to get the beans in. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Same plate fits 290, 490, 494, 494A, 694, 694 A, 694 AN. Would think Lustran would still have them, therewere several different numbers for beans.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back