1586 Draft Control Valve

Jefd

New User
Hey! I'm trying to get the draft control valve to function on my 1586. I'm also trying to get the arm height adjusters free from 40+ years of dirt and functioning. Help if you can! Thanks!!!

The big frame tractors draft control system is (IIRC) accessible from a hole behind the top link bracket. There is a vertical control ribbon/lever and a follower that rides on it. A common issue is that the slider jumps off of the lever and prevents correct operation. It can be moved by hand back onto the lever. I might try a nylon wire tie (or other inventive creative way) to keep it where it belongs without limiting its travel. Jim

If those 2 levers have jumped out of alignment I have founf the bolt on the bottom of the bottom lever has come loose some and let it work sideways. My 806 did that about 30or40 years ago. I loosened it more slid it back into position and tightened it back up with no further problems since. You do have to fish around in the oil in the bottom to adjust it and tighten the bolt.OR you can drain it. I did it all through the top link hole and never drained it.

There's no special secret or trick to get the turnbuckles loose. You can try spraying them down with penetrating oil for a few days and then put a BIG wrench on. Maybe they're not all that badly seized.

If that doesn't work, time for heat. Either a big rosebud torch or put them in a forge.

If that doesn't work, time to order a new set.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back