1965 Ford 2000 Selectomatic

1965 Ford 2000 selectomatic have no gears, no pto but 3pt works. Changed fluid and now it won't move and no pto. Pressurized through dipstick and got 3pt hitch working but still no pto and no gears. Anyone point me in direction to resolve this issue?

(quoted from post at 17:24:06 09/17/23) I thought David Brown had selectomatic?

That is right. I had a David Brown 885 selectomatic. I have never heard of a Ford Selectomatic. Maybe it is English.

It was working fine i just wanted to change the fluid. After fluid change nothing worked. I pressurized the system through the dip stick and the 3pt hitch came to life but no transmission operation nor the pto. The pto is spinning but not under load. I find it hard to believe the splines stripped when was working fine before changing fluid. This happened several years ago but can't remember how i got it going again . Anyone have any ideas?

That's right.David Brown did have Selectomatic.Ford had,Selectospeed.Otherwise known as Jerk-O-Matic.I had one in a Ford backhoe.I bought it expecting to replace the transmission,but with a new cable it worked fine.I had a pre-concieved hatred for that transmission,but I used it for a few years and sold it still working.That was in 1988 and I still see the guy plowing his driveway with it.I'm kind of afraid to stop and ask him how it has worked out.There's more than a few that love them and have gotten a lot of use out of them.

Where did you put the Trans oil back in? The dipstick is for hydraulic oil not trans oil. There is a check plug (pipe plug) to check
the trans oil. There is another pipe plug at an angle where you refill the trans aka select-o-speed. Did you confirm by an owners
manual or service manual where to refill the transmission?

Ok now we are getting somewhere, seems like my memory coming back now. Thanks so much for the info I pretty sure this is the problem.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back