2-105 air conditioner

rrlund

I just had a phone call from a guy in Minnesota asking me something I couldn't answer, so I told him I'd ask on
here and call him back if I got an answer. The expansion valve on the condensor up in the top of the cab, there's a
small tube that's coiled up and has a sensor on it. He just wanted to know where that sensor should lay, or be
placed? Apparently when he got the tractor, parts were missing and he's replacing everything and getting the air
working again.

The TXV itself attaches to the evaporator INLET tube and it's sensing bulb or coil gets clipped (spring clip, if it hasn't been lost) or hose clamped to the evaporator OUTLET tube near the evaporator.

If using a clamp, SNUG it up, but don't CRUSH the bulb or coiled tube.!

Like he said the bulb goes on the outlet side, or low pressure side. It basically senses the temperature so it adjusts the expansion valve to keep a constant outlet temperature so it doesn t freeze up. I don t remember how white did it, but deere used a spring clip that sometimes would rust off and then the bulb loses contact so it won t read correctly, so I use a worm type hose clamp. Another thing that is very important is to use the tar tape to cover the bulb to insulate it so it gets ONLY the temperature of the outlet line, not the air temperature around it.

Thanks guys. I called him and told him. Now I'm thinkig I need to open mine and check it. When I'm baling hay on a hot day, after several hours, my condensor will ice up. I'm wondering if mine's attached like it should be or if something has happened so it's sensing too much air instead of the outlet line. He might have just done me a big favor.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back