2 speed pto ??

herk

I bought this 1850 so I could have another tractor with 1000 shaft , I have the deep pto housing like in the I&T manual but the shifter shaft lower right from the pto has nothing in it , the set screw hole is tapped but no set screw , I can push a screw driver in the hole about 3 " then it bottoms out, my ?? is did some of the early 1850's only have 540 in the 2 speed housing, I can take out the large plug used for adjusting and look in with my mechanics camera but I thought that I would ask first . Thanks Bryan

If you don't have the shift rail, you probably don't have a dual speed. There are other posts on this website indicating that Oliver used the deep housing for single speed PTOs as well.

I have a 1750 with the two speed pto housing and only the 540 gear in it. The problem is the plug to prevent oil leakage is not in it and it leaks like an oil company"s dream

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back