2000 torque converter tractor

agjim

I have a 4 cylinder 2000 with the following numbers

2944A

<>65363<>.

What do these numbers mean?

What was the intended use for this type tractor?

What was the original colors?

It does not have a PTO. Can you add PTO since it is a
torque converter transmission?

How durable is combination?
Thanks

This post was edited by agjim on 06/22/2023 at 06:07 pm.

Years ago I had older model Ford that had this transmission in it. I purchased it from a school that had bought it from government surplus. They said it was used to tow airplanes in the Navy on an aircraft carrier boat.

I'm not sure if 212077 is a typo where you added an extra 7 at the end, but that is not a valid model number. 21207 is a 4 cylinder 2000 series ag chassis tractor with a 10 speed Select-O-Speed powershift transmission, and it should have a deluxe PTO with 540/1000 rpm speeds plus ground speed PTO, and a 3 point lift. It was used for anything any other general purpose ag chassis tractor was used for. Are you sure that it doesn't have a PTO? There was a safety cover for the PTO stub on the back of the tractor, and that may be in place making you think that it doesn't have a PTO, but is is possible that something happened to the original PTO over the years and the shaft was removed and a blank cover plate installed in its place.

<>75362<> is the serial number for a tractor that was made in late 1962 for the 1963 model year.

It does not have a torque converter. It has a torque limiting clutch. The pedal that works like a clutch pedal is called the inching pedal and it controls a hydraulic valve that controls the flow to the main control valve that engages/disengages bands and servos that control which gear it is in.

cvphoto156951.jpg

cvphoto156952.jpg

212077 is the correct number
It is a 4 speed with the little clutch pedal which connects to a control valve on the side of the transmission.
It looks like its never had a pto.
The 3 point lift appears to have been added.

Odd. The serial number would be from a 1959 tractor. I see ghost numbers underneath that were ground off and restamped. The model number must be a special order. The model number also has ghost numbers underneath.

This post was edited by Tom in Mo. on 06/22/2023 at 03:43 am.

The military tugs I've seen all had different sheet metal than the ag tractors.It looks like it's a bit of a frankentractor, cobbled together from parts from at least two different machines.

I agree it is a Frakentractor. Likely started out as an aircraft tug used by the military. Would have originally had an enclosed cab and front fenders, had no PTO or 3-point, and indeed has a 4-speed transmission with a torque convertor. Looks like somebody remove the cab, installed 8N or Jubilee fenders, and added a 3-point lift system. A PTO can be installed though I do not know if all the PTO shifter parts are installed (you can remove the differential side cover to see). Would need a PTO shaft and side cover with shift lever for sure. The 4-speed with a torque converter is definitely different.

Weren't there cars way back in the 1940's or 1950's that mated a manual transmission with a torque convertor?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back