illuminated caution and a red DEF alert on the console
screen plus a continuous beeeee ep then derates
dropping to an idle.this has happened before and was
in warranty being DEF related.that time it was a DEF
quality sensor I was told.This is a 2014 model with
850 hours.its a really nice machine EXCEPT for the
DEF system.gov mint regulation to me is usually more
of a nuisance than anything

Thanks for your editorial! I say that because you really do not pose any particular question. But since people usually post here to solve an issue I will add this. There is probably a way to manipulate the dash controls to provide the trouble codes that the malfunction is creating. Finding what those are and accessing the repair steps for them from a service manual or other source is the only way to really pin point how to repair the machine. I agree that government regulations towards vehicle and machine emissions are a little overbearing. On diesel engines about the 1990s when manufacturers started raising injection pressures in the early stages in the process to clean up diesel emissions that in itself greatly reduced the amount of emissions those engines emitted. I know there is a lot that goes into it and increases the cost of operation but seeing these trucks going down the road with the inside of the chrome stacks nearly as clean as the outside is quite a change from what you saw in the 80s and before. Also I will add I am in no way a ..greenie..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back