old concrete mixer
2024.04.10 - concrete mixer.jpg

EXTRA Pic x2
tucked-away tractor
2024.04.10 - tucked-away tractor.jpg

Tractor Funny
Tractors are the proof you can buy happiness
2024.04.10 - Tractors are the proof you can buy happiness.jpg

About 1960 Grampa and dad built a big shed to hold corn. All of the stem walls and floor were poured with mixer like that but think it had a much newer engine. They charged the mixer with a reversed B allis loader and hauled it away with a power wheel barrow. My brothers and I just got in the way, that was our job.

Farmall B - 12:51

Rust - 10:38

Concrete mixer - 22:41, that one really got away on me.

Tucked away tractor - 13:11, looks more like a power unit to me too.

Funny - 10:45

Last edited:
Puzzles

Tractor Pic
Farmall 'B' tractor
View attachment 66538

Rust Pic
View attachment 66539

EXTRA Pic
old concrete mixer
View attachment 66540

EXTRA Pic x2
tucked-away tractor
View attachment 66541

Tractor Funny
Tractors are the proof you can buy happiness
View attachment 66542
B Farmall 15:05
Rust 16:00
Power source in Barn 14:49
Mixer 19:27 Tough it is.
Farmall 350 Funny 12:27

I’d say that “tucked away tractor” might actually be a stationary power unit of some kind. Check out the exhaust system.
It looks like a late 20's Buick. They were admired and many ended up as homebuilt tractors, etc. A big unit like that
probably powered a feed grinder. My dad used an old Continental car engine for that purpose. He used an old oil drum to hold the coolant. My barn still shows a scorched hole in the wall. It was from the exhaust pipe of a small engine that powered the milking machine vacuum pump, a DeLaval. Replaced when the REA came through in late 30's. I have an engine, but Dad's final system was Surge equipment. I can remember one of the daily chores for my mom was to wash up the milking machine buckets. We had an attached milk house where a concrete pit was filled with flowing water from the windmill to keep the milk cool overnight. The neighbor would stop by in the morning and load the 10 gallon milk cans onto his pickup and haul them to the creamery. The milk check was about $12 per week, but that paid the grocery bills.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back