2underage has left us.

Bret4207

Harvey Bender, known here as "2underage", has passed on. Hope you find green fields and good weather Harv!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 9:37 pm

A Celebration of Life for Harvey H. Bender, age 85 of Hammond, will be held on Saturday (June 22, 2019) from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the Brier Hill Dire Department. Mr. Bender passed away on Wednesday (June 19, 2019) at the Claxton Hepburn Medical Center with his wife Pat and daughter Terry by his side.

Surviving is his wife Patricia "Pat" Bender of Hammond; three sons Mark Bender of Hammond, Harvey (Michelle) Bender of Tennessee and Karl (Holly) Bender of Gouverneur; two daughters Rhoda (James) Wade of Illinois and Terry (Terry) Carr of Massena; two brothers George (Gail) Bender of Richmondville, NY and Theodore (Bernice) Bender of Tennessee; two sisters Ruey Smith of Richmondville, and Helen Bender of Florida; 11 grandsons, one granddaughter and numerous great-grandchildren.

Harvey was born on July 12, 1933 in Schoharie NY, a son of the late Henry & Helen (Oliver) Bender. He graduated from Cobleskill High School and then entered the US Airforce. In October of 1954 he then married Patricia Hamm in South Jefferson NY. He later returned to school at Albany State University where he earned a Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration.

During his career he worked at North West Tech in Ogdensburg and South West Tech in Fowler as a business teacher. He retired in 1991. After retirement he resumed working on the family farm and he enjoyed buying & selling refurbished farm equipment, attending auctions, farming, fishing, traveling and spending time with his family.

Memorial contributions can be made to the Brier Hill Fire Department. Condolences and fond memories can also be made online at www.foxandmurrayfuneralhome.com.

RIP 2underage....May your fields be green and your tractor run smooth. Thanks for
your wise words over the years.

Ben

Bret, Thanks for posting. Harvey and his wife stopped here a couple of times when he was down attending
MacFaddens Auction. He and Pat were very nice people. My condolences to Pat and family. "Happy Farming
Harvey".
Loren

My condolences!

Interestingly enough, my mother was a Bender and almost all of my maternal ancestors were Benders. A lot of the first names from Harvey's family even match, George, Pat, Terry, Karl, etc.

Bret
Thank you for posting this. Harvey was my father. I know he really enjoyed this site and the many friends he made here. He appreciated all of the advise and help over the years and just the general ambience of the community. He never missed a day of reading through the comments and greeted me on many mornings with the funnies.
Thank every one for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Mark

Condolences Mark, Are you going to carry on with the handle? We look forward to your continued participation. Jim

Sincerest condolences to you and your family. I'm glad he got some enjoyment from the funnies

(quoted from post at 16:07:42 06/20/19) Bret
Thank you for posting this. Harvey was my father. I know he really enjoyed this site and the many friends he made here. He appreciated all of the advise and help over the years and just the general ambience of the community. He never missed a day of reading through the comments and greeted me on many mornings with the funnies.
Thank every one for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Mark

Mark, I was friends with your folks for many years and bought some equipment from them. My sincerest condolences.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back