3000 back home

ErnieD

Ford 3000 that dad bought in 1872, a 1966 model. Brother had engine overhauled about 10 years ago. Changing fluids, my questions are:
It had orange antifreeze, I am inclined to put green in, on fourth flush and rust still coming out. No puke tank.

Charging voltage is 15.5 with a new battery, and I precharged the battery before starting. VR had been replaced, still generator. Seems high.

Power steering is strong left, weak or nonexistent right. Worked good 3 years ago. Fluid is at service level, full.

The Lucas RB340 VR was replaced at sometime, I verified the wiring and it is correct. Web research shows this VR was also used on Jaguar XKE. Digging deeper it is temperature compensated to charge at a high rate until an internal bimetallic strip heats up.

I suspect I had not allowed enough run time for this feature to take place.

Finish flushing radiator, 4x and rust crud still coming out. Adjust valves and replace front blade pins.

I had a '68 XKE 2+2, too long ago to recall the VR, and I opted to install a Delco. The references I found to the Ford use all led to the Jaguar forums.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back