3010 serial numbers

formerly ny bill

Does anyone keep track of serial numbers for 3010s? I have had mine since 1977, and it is a low number- 1147. The chart here says they started with 1000. I'm sure there are others known that are lower. just wondering.

I don't remember anymore what the serial number was on mine, but it still had the solid shift linkage instead of the spring loaded one to make it easier to get out of park. I got a spring loaded one out of the bone yard for it. Seems like there was something else that was exclusive to the early ones when I went to put a loader valve on it too. I had to hook in to some block up under the hood.

I put a New Idea 504 loader on the 3010 in 1980. There were 2 little dinky JD couplers under the cowl, that I plumbed into for the loader valve. (I think it had had a loader on it before I bought it.) Going that way kept the remote outlet available for implements. Mine was already updated to the spring loaded park.
I thought the first 3010s had 36" rear tires. Mine had 38" when I got it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back