424 Hydraulic Oil Leak Under Seat

Noticed hydraulic oil in the snow where tractor was parked so I did some investigating and found the source was under the seat. I pulled the seat and found what I believe to be the pump covered in oily dirt. I cleaned everything thing with parts cleaner and air and let it dry over night. The next day I started the tractor and instantly had a slow leak coming from a plug on the side of the pump. Tried to tighten it but no help. I removed the plug which turned out to be more than a plug. Some sort of a plunger assembly. I cleaned it off well and not having any silicone grease available I just reinstalled and tightened. No leak when I started the tractor again but when I lifted the bucket got a small bubbly leak. Gave it another grunt of torque and the leak stopped. Im doubting it is a permanent fix. Can I purchase the "plug/plunger" for a back up? Or is the o ring replaceable? Sorry no photos. File to big.

Photos.

43079_004fee8d9ffee58f2213e45ed42d1793.jpg

43079_95c7c979686295272766212d32f149f2.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back