Kirk-Tx

I have a 430 case utility tractor with
factory front end loader and box blade. I
think the power steering pump is bad. It
is one with a remote reservoir. The pump
that has a built in reservoir is available
but will not fit because of oil filter.
Any suggestions?

check the hoses from resivor to pump? you said remote resivor. hose could have a flapper in it or a piece of crud in return line and resivor. my 2 bits worth. you didnt state what the pump is doing

Your pump has a relief valve which should be checked. We had a problem with our 430 where the suction line from the tank to the pump was replaced w/ heater hose and was collapsing. After replacing w/ reinforced hose, problem solved. One thing to remember, that system you have is Power Assist, not full power. The steering wheel shouldn't be turned while sitting still.

Kirk,

If that pump has failed, they are near impossible to find, I did my Uncles over to the common later new style reservoir pump. There is a oil filter adapter that puts the filter back and slightly angled down, perfect for the application. JC Marleau out of Canada supplied me with one.

Thanks mEl. I borrowed a pressure testing system from a neighbor. If pump is bad, moving the oil filter is the exact thing I need. Thank you.

r.w.b. & John, it is very hard to steer while moving especially with a bucket full. After checking, I think my hoses are ok. I always appreciate everyone's advice. I think moving the filter will work.

Here is whqt you need.
mvphoto98536.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back