450LP update

I pulled the regulator apart and made some adjustments to the low pressure lever. The new seat was leaking with soap and air pressure so I tweaked the lever angle some to get it sealing better. I also set the same lever a bit higher. Now it idles real smooth and the main fuel adjustment is very close to the factory baseline setting. I also put in a new fuel filter.

Next, it overheated pretty rapidly in my driveway. After cooling, I pulled the thermostat and the temp needle stayed way down. The thermostat opened at 185 on my stovetop but I think the moving sleeve might have been getting stuck the upper housing.

About time to put this one aside and get the 450D painted.

Chris B.

Well i guess the perseverance paid off,for you,i got a 450Lp also ! If i ever have trouble, i will know who to call !! Mine run as smooth and want to keep it that way. You got the Ensign system on there yet?

That's what I got now, the factory Ensign setup. Couldn't stand the rigged up look of whatever was there. Worst thing was the throttle shaft hosed clamped to the governor shaft.

Time will tell on my repairs. I want to stick it on my bush hog after I figure out the power steering issue.

Chris B.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back