Does anybody have everything i would need to swap a 460 LP over to gas? I'm looking at one but the regulator has been changed out with another one that the people couldn't get to run. It has duels and a front blade. I'd like to have it if I could get it going cheap enough. I know I'd need sheet metal gas tank and carb what else and where could i find it? Thanks.

Two issues to be aware of. 1} If the propane was factory original, the compression ratio of the engine will be high enough to require high end premium gasoline. This also requires different ignition timing curves.
2} the intake manifold is much different than a gasoline manifold and has little heat transfer from the exhaust. this makes them pretty cold natured.
So: solutions could be to offer the cylinder head and manifold to tractor pullers. The heads are very desirable, and manifolds as well. Swapping in the gasoline components would then make it usable. This includes the gasoline distributor to change the timing curve. If the engine was originally gasoline, there is no real problem. Jim

Two issues to be aware of. 1} If the propane was factory original, the compression ratio of the engine will be high enough to require high end premium gasoline. This also requires different ignition timing curves.
2} the intake manifold is much different than a gasoline manifold and has little heat transfer from the exhaust. this makes them pretty cold natured.
So: solutions could be to offer the cylinder head and manifold to tractor pullers. The heads are very desirable, and manifolds as well. Swapping in the gasoline components would then make it usable. This includes the gasoline distributor to change the timing curve. If the engine was originally gasoline, there is no real problem. Jim
The heads on the 60 series LP's were the same ones as the gassers. The pistons were what got the compression up on those engines. The only heads the pullers want are late 400 and 450 LP heads with small chambers.

either way, its still a fair amount of work to lower the CR to run 87 octane in one

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back