567 net wrap troubles

4520BW

Baling last night sometimes the net wrap actuator would not retract. I had to cut the wrap and go into the monitor and force the actuator to retract. seems like after about 10 bales it would act up so what is causing this?

Have you been regularly greasing the grease fitting on each end of net knife pivot area? Have you checked amount of volts while operating net actuator?

I greased it before I started. Did not
have a chance to check voltage. Do I check
boltage at the 2 prong plug?

When I stated check actuator voltage I meant by using channel 18 on monitor.

mvphoto92719.png

Grease fittings(item 17 on each end of arm item 3) I'm referring to one must open netwrap rear door to access.

mvphoto92720.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 06/01/2022 at 04:36 am.

That voltage was 14.1. I was thinking
voltage drop in wiring or connector? I am
sure I got the fitting on knife arm,
follow the book on service but I'll look
tonight. Thanks for the info!!

If steering works normal, that is good indication hydraulic pump pressure is high enough that you should have some kind or SCV pressure / function to open and close baler gate. As previously recommended, does SCV's work while holding steering wheel stalled all the way in one direction? If it does this would indicate a LS (load sense leak in SCV circuitry. Without a pressure gauge to connect to the DR's (Diagnostic Receptacles) on the back of PV (priority Valve) housing it going to be difficult to help. If you can get a 3000 -5000 psi gauge and test hose I can walk you through some test and find your problem. If you do not have access to gauge best to get you a tech to help. DW

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back