6080 thrust bearing

bob p mn

I am going to be installing one of the external thrust bearing kits on a 6060, does anybody out there have a copy of the installation instructions for it? I've got the used kit from a salvage yard just wondering if I could find the instructions.

I am going to be installing one of the external thrust bearing kits on a 6060, does anybody out there have a copy of the installation instructions for it? I've got the used kit from a salvage yard just wondering if I could find the instructions.
The only thing I saved from installing them were the shims. They supplied a variety of shim/washers with the kit.

OK thanks. I'm assuming it's not to tough to install, bolt up the bearing holder to the front pulley and mount the bracket and set end play with the shims? If I'm seeing this right.

OK thanks. I'm assuming it's not to tough to install, bolt up the bearing holder to the front pulley and mount the bracket and set end play with the shims? If I'm seeing this right.
Yep. I just can't remember the spec's. I'm thinking with the crank shoved all the way back, a few thousandths of clearance is good.

I believe the spec is .003'' to .013'' with .015'' max. I am going to shoot for .005''. I'm putting a clutch in it and the endplay is at .010'' now.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back