638 Newholland round baler not wrapping bale correctly

Trying to fix this problem before I start this year hay season. I plugged the pickup area through whole mouth of the baler last year now when I bring the twine arm back to home position the twine will go off the right side of the bale.its manual tie.i think the L bolt hanging down has alot to do with it. As you can see in the pic it looks like that L bolt assembly is pointed downwards just a tad. Hope someone can send me a pic of theres maybe I can see something that might help me see what's going on.thanks Rick

Heres pick
cvphoto123680.jpg

I haven't messed with a 630 but owned a 640 and present BR7070
On both of those that piece of angle the L bolt attaches to is parallel with the feed roll
Yours looks to be bent out and the twine is probably going above the angle.
I bent one of mine but not that bad when it got a bunch of hay warped around the roller behind the angle

Rick
Go to HayTalk discussion forum as post your question. There are some very knowledgeable members that utilize/repair NH equipment that frequent that forum.

https://www.haytalk.com/forums/machinery.73/

I agree the bracket the L bolt is in should be level. The twine
is probably going over it. I would just bend it upward until its
level. Most likely got bent down when you plugged it. Tony

I run a 630, the knife should be "level" and not pointed down, too high or too low and the twine won't enter the knife and get cut.

If your twine is getting cut, it's "ok" I keep twine from going off the edges only bringing the arm to the home position to final cut. The markings on the twine arm quadrant should allow the spacing to be right and not off the bale.

I used to bring the arm almost over to end to tie off and would end up with a hoop of twine falling off the bale.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back