6610 lift arms

jledlow

Bought a 6610 about 3 months ago and the lift arms will not lift with weight on them. Without weight they do just fine. PTO works as it should. I am almost certain the tractor had a loader on it at one time as it has a hole in the floor for the joystick mount. Tractor has a new pump mounted on the left side of the engine. is there anything I need to look for or test to find out what the problem is? PICTURES would be great as I am a visual learner.

Bought a 6610 about 3 months ago and the lift arms will not lift with weight on them. Without weight they do just fine. PTO works as it should. I am almost certain the tractor had a loader on it at one time as it has a hole in the floor for the joystick mount. Tractor has a new pump mounted on the left side of the engine. is there anything I need to look for or test to find out what the problem is? PICTURES would be great as I am a visual learner.
First thing I'd do is a pump pressure and flow test at the remote valves. If it's weak then I'd do some direct pump flow testing, especially the main pump in the rear axle housing. If that checks out I'd be looking closely at the combining valve spool in the priority pack for possible contamination.

These tests are detailed, with pictures, in the service manuals.

First thing I'd do is a pump pressure and flow test at the remote valves. If it's weak then I'd do some direct pump flow testing, especially the main pump in the rear axle housing. If that checks out I'd be looking closely at the combining valve spool in the priority pack for possible contamination.

These tests are detailed, with pictures, in the service manuals.
ordered a hydraulic test kit yesterday shortly after posting this. Will be here Tuesday. Sounds like I need to get the manual out and do some hard reading.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back