7000 JD Planter Question

nh8260

Some of you on here told me awhile back on how to take the 7000 planter apart so i could look up in the tubing and see if any mouse nests are in
there, the markers don't want to work right, tripping each other is the main issue. Someone said i needed to take the left marker and move it out of
the way, my question is that the left marker while standing behind the planter or the left marker standing at the front of the planter?? If i
remember right after the marker is out of the way i can start trying to see what is going on?

Everyone knows what the left and right sides of a truck or car are.
Why some folks get confused about left and right on a tractor or implement baffles me.

My dad used left and right based on the way he was facing at the time. Very frustrating......

Face forward like in the tractor seat. Dont turn around to look at the planter. Just always face forward, left is to the left.....

The -right- marker is the one you need to unbolt and swing backwards.

First you want to unpin the cable attached to the right marker and put a rope or twine on it. It will get pulled into the tube later and you can easily pull it back with the twine....

Then 2 bolts inside the tube behind that right marker and the part that will be full of mouse nest and p will pull out.

Paul

How many rows is that 7000? You should be able to plant 4-6 rows very welll without markers. I leave mine up always because offences, buildings etc.

Not answering your left or right but before retiring owned two 7000 plantersone for soy one for corn and the mouse nest was huge problem because despite baiting planters were in same shed as combine. I cut a 3x3 inch square on the top of the frame right side above trip mechanism so I could either blow air or vac mouse debris away. Worked great and was far easier than taking the right end apart at the start or each season.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back