720 clutch dowel/pulley pin

Has anyone ever replaced one of these dowel pins in the clutch. Unfortunatly my clutch assembly was so rusted when moving out the clutch driver disk the bonded disk was so rusted to this dowel it snapped it off. I am assuming they drive in from the front side? Does anyone have some pointers on which direction they go in from on the pulley. I assume from the clutch cover side by driving them in or presssing it in. Wanting to see if anyone else had to replace these. I have not had one of these brake on me before like this.

Thanks in advance. Pictures are of the front and back side of the pulley.

cvphoto127228.jpg

cvphoto127229.jpg

Push / drive from back side toward the the cover side. I would not suspect them to move very hard to move, just a press fit in drum.

I've seen them riveted over on the cover side. Don't know which way they went in.

It was pretty bad, the pin broke after the clutch driver broke because it was pushing on the rust at around this pin and the others..

I replaced them on a 730 diesel, on the power side they weren't smooth & clutch didn't work smooth either. Drove them out & drove all 3 back in. They are SUPER Hard & still have the old one in my punch drawer & have used them for Drift Punchs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back