Brutalowner

New User
I just finished changing all the Trans/Hyd oil and filter in a new-to-me 730 Comfort King with Draft O Matic. Approximately 17 gallons and a new spin-on hyd fliter under the LF station floor. Also replaced the 4 rear remote hoses and PTO output seal.
The center idiot light came on for the first time upon start up after the oil change. It's too frosted to read the label. Have never seen it on before. I'm guessing it is an alert for something in the hydraulics? 3 point works properly and I can see the remote hoses flex when I bump the levers. The tractor had no known issues before the oil change.
What did I miss? I have only run the tractor a high and low idle speed for about a minute since the start-up on the new oil.
Suggestions?

It's the fuel pressure light. Must not
have bled the filters enough. If the
tractor runs it ill bleed out and the
light will go off in a bit. As long as you
have good fuel flow that is.

Thanks, Jon. I did replace the two cartridge filters on the side, above the starter. I did not replace the canister filter the fuel hose/pressure switch runs out of. NAPA had no clue of a part number. That is probablly the issue. I will be replacing the hose as well as the filter it looks like.

It would be very rare for the final filter
to be an issue. The only ones I've ever
replaced were on new to me tractors I
wanted to be sure of. I have run them a
decade or more with no issues. John Saeli
at external_link.com has the filters. And
I can get you the Napa number if you need
it. But my guess is you didn't get the
other filters primed right. And even if
they are, the light usually comes on for a
bit after a filter change. I would start
with priming the filters again and then
letting the engine run for a while to
purge the system.

If you change the hose get it from John
Saeli because it will be correct. It's a
tight area and one made at a local shop
won't work because the fittings are too
long to make the bend needed. Part of my
education at the school of skinned
knuckles.

I'm new here. Who is John Saeli? Contact info? I should probably get one for my 1030 while I'm at it.

This post was edited by Brutalowner on 05/10/2022 at 02:03 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back