DANNY KINDER

New User
noisy ford engine,bought not running overhauled wouldn"t run found dist gear pin sheared,fixed ,now runs but has noise ck all brg all good ,pulled front cover looks good their,pulled head looks good their help help danny

I guess my question would be 1. where is the noise comming from, top or bottom of engine. 2. what does it sound like. Is it comming from the front of the engine or rear. And lastly, are you sure it's in the engine or could it be in the clutch or transmission. The more information you can provide the better your chances of the guys on here giving you the best help. Just my thoughts, Keith

Post this down in the 9N/2N/8N forum and you will get a whole lot more answers. Also be sure to give as much info as you can. You could have a number of odd problems. Might be a loose flywheel seen that before. Or a piston pin or a piston hitting the head. Even a bad water pump can cause that

(quoted from post at 09:47:52 02/11/14) Even a bad water pump can cause that

Forgot about that. Had a neighbor at Ft Bliss who had a Subaru. Body was pretty sad. He found another one without the rust issues but a bad engine knock so he got it cheap. He ask me to look at it before he went through the trouble of swapping engines. I used a wood rod to try to find where the knock was coming from. It was the water pump. Funny but it really sounded like a rod knock.

Rick

Yep seen water pumps cause that or the generator or alternator. Even a broken generator mount can do that. Have a Farmall M here that we thought was locked up and found it was the water pump that was locked up but yet we could not turn the engine over by the crank shaft hand crank

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back