9n radiator leak

Ron Tron

Do you guys use stop leak stuff? I can't find a shop that does radiators in my area code 91301 I just have one leak it looks like but I'm afraid of clogging the engine with that radiator stop leak stuff

Barrs Leak pellets are supposed to be the latest and greatest.

If the leak is down below the liquid level, it stands a chance of working, not so
much if it's up top.

Shouldn't be much chance of clogging anything unless the radiator is already near
plugged.
Barrs Leak Pellets

Great success with this one, best I have ever used.
kWappG5.jpg

My dad suggested Bars Leak pellets back in the late 1960s. I cannot speak about the newer brands, Bars Leak has worked good for me.

We used to use a liquid Bars Leak years ago, not sure they still make it.

It was black syrup with chunky pellets. Seen it work on some good size leaks!

Ron, I do not know what kind of response this will get but
you must be quite a conversationalist, Obviously ..or
maybe not.. said with some sarcasm. Three post and not
one word in reply. Especially surprised about no reply to
the firing order and fan rotation post. It seems like you were quite confused about what was going on in the front of your engine so I would expect
something like ..Thank you, that makes sense.. Well pay
no attention to me, post however you feel is appropriate. I
am an IH guy but your last two post were general
mechanical questions but I feel like there were plenty of
good answers given so nothing to add.

(quoted from post at 22:10:35 11/05/21) Ron, I do not know what kind of response this will get but
you must be quite a conversationalist, Obviously ..or
maybe not.. said with some sarcasm. Three post and not
one word in reply. Especially surprised about no reply to
the firing order and fan rotation post. It seems like you were quite confused about what was going on in the front of your engine so I would expect
something like ..Thank you, that makes sense.. Well pay
no attention to me, post however you feel is appropriate. I
am an IH guy but your last two post were general
mechanical questions but I feel like there were plenty of
good answers given so nothing to add.

On the contrary. I posted a thank you to my earlier posts. I can't reply to each one that would be boring. This last post everyone recommends bars leak copper as the best fix for a radiator leak. I was worried that using that stuff might clog up engine passages. Apparently not.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back