fastfarmall

I don't have a parts book for a H, Farmall,what number bulb for inside the the control box,very little rust in there, on mine anyway, would like to get it to work!!!

What control box are you talking about? The only bulbs on a stock H are in the headlight and taillight housings.

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 08/27/2023 at 04:59 am.

Isn't their a light bulb inside the box, where that rotary switch is, looks like a socket their on the inside !! But i am switching it over to 12 volt!

Shouldn't be no light bulb socket in there that I know of. But there should be a place in there for 1 or 2 old glass tube type fuses. The ones they used before the plastic spade type fuses.

Maybe your not old enough to remember the old glass tube type fuses. But gesh, they used those old type fuses clear up into the 70's or after.

Only thing I can think of that you'd be getting your eye on and being confused about.

Otherwise, if its just a loose socket like used in the headlamp (but no wires), somebody might of just throwed an extra part in the ampe box when they screwed the lid on when they were working on it sometime or nother. Wouldn't be first time an extra loose item was found in an ampe box.

What do you mean you do not have the parts book? If you have a web access YT, you can access the parts book. Search IH parts using an upper case I & H. The first thing that comes up should be the My CNHI Store. That is it, then you just change the search area to model and type in Farmall H and a list will come up to choose the H. Or you can just write down mycnhistore.com then you can just type that in your address bar and it will take you there. Maybe you are one of these guys that if it is not paper it is not a parts book. Anyway, after all that I am not sure that the diagram they show is for a regular H, I actually think it is for an early Super H, the serial number range they give I believe reflects that. Anyway for the box it is close enough, see 1st link. In the original configuration there is no lamp in there. Someone would have added that. They would have had to drill a hole in it so the light could get out. There is a possibility that someone added a lighted ammeter at some point. For that the gauge would need the ..side.. windows for the light to shine in, but that would not really help for the light switch. Now if you are talking about there being a lamp mounted to illuminate the front of the box that was not an original option either. In a Stage II Super H there is a fuse holder and the ignition switch was moved to the box, see 2nd link. In this case there is a possibility that you are confusing the fuse holder with a lamp socket.
CNHI Farmall H online parts catalog

Example of late Super H El. Box

As noted below no light bulb inside. There were fuses in fuse holders that if rusted could look like a bulb holder. As also noted below it could have had a lighted Meter installed??? Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back