Adding 3 point to Case 731

This message is a reply to an archived post by nookiemrsmith on April 07, 2015 at 19:57:00.
The original subject was Adding 3 point to Case 731.

I read this post from a few years ago

I have the same question but it is for a CASE 411.

will you please tell me
how the job went,
what you learned
what I need to know before I get started
anything else you are willing to offer

Thanks

Joe

As others have mentioned below: Pick up a parts tractor, by far the cheapist way to go + you have extra parts for other possible needs (foot throttle linkage) etc. You also now have a guide to where things go. I can't stress that enough with anything old............. Larry

I replaced the lift arms on a 730 and paid a salvage yard $120 for the pair. Trying to buy the complete assembly that you need will easily be over $500. For that amount a parts tractor should be cheaper. For example, I've found a 800B, same size as a 400, spun bearing on crank, for $400.

Thank you for replying

I am 100% convinced that the parts tractor is the way to go, unfortunately like everyone I am faced with two problems
1) Time
2) Money

I've got a lot more of 1 than 2

Thanks for the advice

Right now the learning curve is killing me.

I need to find sources in my area (about 1 - 2 hours west of Chicago) that have old tractors and parts.

I have discovered that I know a lot LESS than I thought I did.
This too shall pass.

Redoing/restoring tractors is a mental disease, I will admit right off, I am a Caseoholic. Every Case tractor I see, no matter how little paint is still on it, no matter how bad of shape, I want to save it. Every fix on a tractor is a hundred dollar this and a hundred dollar that. Anyone in their right mind would invest the money in Edward Jones and get 4 percent interest. That being said, patience and planning are your allies. Find and expand your resources, such as Illinois tractor and implement online listings, local farm and consignment auctions (a lot of junk gets sold this way), and online Case clubs that you can put feelers out on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back