adding a loader

Triple 7

New User
Hi everyone. I started a thread about a year ago asking about adding a loader to my tractor. It took some time but I found a loader that will fit my John Deere 300b. In my last thread I was asking about hooking up the hydraulics and I got a lot of help. I was planning to go with the port in the oil filter cover for the return line. When I got underneath the tractor I noticed that there was a line going to this tee, that I believe is the return for the hydraulics. My plan is to take the cap off if the tee and add my return for the loader there. I just wanted to make sure that this is in fact the return line.
tee.jpg

Cap on the tee in your photo is for pressure hyd oil not return. You model 300 evidently has no power steering OR has open-center power steering supplied pressure via a gear pump mounted to RH from of engine timing gear cover. You will still need to return hyd oil from FEL control valve to ported hyd filter cover. There are 2 different style ported filter covers & the cheaper ported cover is part # L55982 @ $126.42

Last edited:
Cap on the tee in your photo iis for pressure not return. You model 300 evidently has no power steering OR has open-center power steering supplied pressure via a gear pump mounted to RH from of engine timing gear cover. You will still need to return hyd oil from FEL control valve to ported hyd filter cover.
Thank you for that response. My tractor didn't come with power steering. But could I use this pressure line to supply the loader instead of teeing off the high pressure line at the pump?

Yes the cap in photo below is where you need to access hyd pressure for frt end loader. Operating tractor with a frt end loader without power steering will require some strong arm muscles.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 135137.png

Yes the cap in photo below is where you need to access hyd pressure for frt end loader. Operating tractor with a frt end loader without power steering will require some strong arm muscles.

View attachment 1743
I actually put a different steering column on it when I got it because the old was broke. The one that I put on it has power steering but it isn't hooked up.

Adding power steering will also require when operating FEL to add pressure control(priority) valve(item 9 in link below) to keep steering wheel from jerking/stopping turning when operating FEL & steering wheel simultaneously. If you add priority valve then you can attach FEL control valve pressure line to rear of priority valve at fitting(item 20 in link below).

Adding power steering will also require when operating FEL to add pressure control(priority) valve(item 9 in link below) to keep steering wheel from jerking/stopping turning when operating FEL & steering wheel simultaneously. If you add priority valve then you can attach FEL control valve pressure line to rear of priority valve at fitting(item 20 in link below).

Please excuse my ignorance. Where would this pressure control valve need to be mounted?

thank you

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back