Allis chalmers I-400 tie rod failure

Cannonbahe

New User
My front left tie rod is stripped out on my tractor

I cant seem to find a replacement part.

Any help would be great. I just spent a ton of money rebuilding the
engine. Now this is happening. And I cant use it. Haha. Very
frustrating.

603-289-4017 is my cell. Feel free to call me if you want.

(quoted from post at 20:34:33 12/07/23) My front left tie rod is stripped out on my tractor

I cant seem to find a replacement part.

Any help would be great. I just spent a ton of money rebuilding the
engine. Now this is happening. And I cant use it. Haha. Very
frustrating.

603-289-4017 is my cell. Feel free to call me if you want.

Have you tried calling Sandy Lake Implement and talking to Brenda? She has helped many with their AC parts issues. They have a website you can find by searching. To try to make a link here would get the post blocked.

You could also try Wengers in Myerstown, PA although they focus more on agricultural equipment when it comes to Allis Chalmers.

Their website is wengers dot com

He did not describe it. It apparently is an odd ball as it appears to not be just a tie rod end but has an extended tapered nut to connect the steering cylinder. I don't see anything like it in this site's offerings. And I could not find the I400 parts book on the AGCO site to get a part number(s).

He posted about this back in July and included pictures, which would have been good to do again in this post. Here is a link to his previous post with the pictures.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?p=11104577&highlight=#11104577

Cannonbahe,

Along with Wengers you could call one of the All State Ag Parts (Parent company of YT) salvage yards, they might have something. You need to fully describe what you have as it is not just a tie rod end, the nut to hold the steering cylinder makes it special.

Did you call Brenda at Sandy Lake?

DJS tractor parts might be another source.

Take the pieces to a machine shop. They might be to do something with it.

You could join the ''Unofficial Allis'' website forum and ask there. There are a few members with those tractors and/or info about them.

Don't disappear, report back with places and what you have tried.

(quoted from post at 15:45:40 12/08/23)
He did not describe it. It apparently is an odd ball as it appears to not be just a tie rod end but has an extended tapered nut to connect the steering cylinder. I don't see anything like it in this site's offerings. And I could not find the I400 parts book on the AGCO site to get a part number(s).

He posted about this back in July and included pictures, which would have been good to do again in this post. Here is a link to his previous post with the pictures.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?p=11104577&highlight=#11104577

Cannonbahe,

Along with Wengers you could call one of the All State Ag Parts (Parent company of YT) salvage yards, they might have something. You need to fully describe what you have as it is not just a tie rod end, the nut to hold the steering cylinder makes it special.

Did you call Brenda at Sandy Lake?

DJS tractor parts might be another source.

Take the pieces to a machine shop. They might be to do something with it.

You could join the ''Unofficial Allis'' website forum and ask there. There are a few members with those tractors and/or info about them.

Don't disappear, report back with places and what you have tried.

By the pics in the original linked thread.........it looks like somebody sleeved that thing(see the welds on the arm), then did some weird thing with a tapered nut to hold it together. BUT I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS TRACTOR, SO I DON'T REALLY KNOW. But it's not something I've ever seen.

Only solution is to cut the end off, make an end with the proper taper(reamers are available), then use an off the shelf tie rod end to finish out. Weld it all up, then off to town.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back