Blade Or Bucket For Snow removal

I agree with most others. A bucket gives you a lot of flexibility, but it needs t be an oversized bucket.

If your area is perfectly flat, the bucket might work OK. I have a front blade on my garden tractor, back blade on my farm tractor, and bucket on the small Kubota. I only use the bucket to push back piles at the end of the driveway. I have a pretty good grade and the bucket is really hard to use as a plow - its always digging in, or not close enough to the ground. My go-to is the JD lawn tractor, for anything less than 12' of powder of 8 of heavy snow. Its too hard to use the back blade any more for me, too much turning around.

Tim

Thanks everyone; lots of good feedback. I should have clarified in my original post the tractor is a BX2380; about 23hp so not a large tractor. I also still have the 5' blade that has some plates at the ends so it does contain some snow. Think I'll start out using the blade to make piles until I cant anymore then use the bucket to knock the pile down to size. thinking the bucket will be pretty handy cleaning up the end of the drive after the county plows have filled it up. Live in southern Wisconsin so we can get a good amount of snow.

I'll try to remember to post my results after the first few heavy snowfalls.

I brought a 72 inch bucket for my small Kubota to use just for snow removal. Its too big to use for anything like dirt but works great for snow work. It was allot cheaper than a snow pusher and allot easier on my neck and back looking forward. I have a 60 inch blower to put on the back too but don't need or use it unless we get 5 or more inches of the white stuff. My 3 point blade has been sitting in the weeds for years. I keep a 400 foot drive and around my buildings and the steer lot clear with it when it snows.

Most scenarios have been covered already but here's my 2 cents...

Wet snow plugs snowblowers. If area not huge, bucket is fine. I thought of fabbing a angling blade for my loader but I can fill this 3/4 yd. x 5 foot bucket [i:b691970f50]and[/i:b691970f50] push twice more its volume in front as far as I want as long as there's a furrow to hold it. Mind you, I've the power and the traction. Only thing that'll stop it is a frozen dump pile of worked snow.
mvphoto109777.jpg

This post was edited by WilBury on 09/16/2023 at 07:47 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back