bolens 1050 mower deck problem

I have a Bolens 1050 that the pto u-joint is contacting the deck lifting shaft above it. I have adjusted everything to try to get more clearance but when I raise the deck the pto u-joint hits the cross rod deck lifting shaft . Any help appreciated .
 
Unfortunately I don't know how to post photos online. I have several tube frame Bolens l&g tractors with the 3 different deck mounting systems and all of them have very close clearance between the PTO universal joint and the deck lifting rod that runs cross ways above the U-joint. There are adjustments that can be made to all items involved but I have maxed out all adjustments and still have contact when the deck gets raised.
 
Upvote 0
Re check the L shaped piece, under right foot rest. It has 3 holes and can be installed upside down also. 3 ways to mount wrong, one correct. Links lift handle to deck lift. 38 or 42 inch deck? By memory, on my 1053 I use lower hole,2 holes up, with 42 inch deck.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top